Scar

200.gif

Just heart breaking to see someone lose their life because another person’s negligence. We all make mistakes but this one was a costly one by whoever was responsible for making sure everything was secured on that truck before hitting the road. By the details on some of the reports I found last night, he was on a “2013 Suzuki motorcycle”, which was his yellow LE that he named Nikko. May he RIP and deepest condolences to his family and close friends.

Tom and I didn't always see eye to eye but he was a good guy for sure. He's ate at my table, slept in my home and ridden countless miles here, North Carolina, Nevada and California with me. Scar always wanted to be an event planner, I remember talking to him about that desire he had always had growing up which is why he was so excited about the first ever Stampede in Reno many years ago. There is no doubt that Tom had a great impact on the Hayabusa brand over the years across the globe with the I-SHOC organization.

Rest in Peace my friend.

Tom is in the white shirt
IMG_0170.JPG

I never had the opportunity to meet him. And I'd certainly put him high up on the motorcycle "enthusiast" scale.

What sort of gives me pause is how suddenly he and other riders here, most of which I'd consider far better than me, succumb to a fatal or even life threatening injuries.

So many angry, distracted, irresponsible people in the road these days. It's making it hard to be an "enthusiast".

RIP Tom

Back