Saw a zx-14 in a magazine

oldbird

Registered
Just got back from getting a few things from the store. While i was in line, picked up a bike magazine I think it was motorcyclist on the cover was the zx14, while i was looking through the magazine i finally saw a full front shot in the light of the bike and i could swear that my watch stopped!!!!!!!!!!
drooling3.gif
I couldn't bring my self to buy it but i did see the word busa a few times in the article. Has anyone read this magazine??? What does it say and does it compare it to the busa?...... I ended up buying a dvd called sport bike freaks hang it high! Has to be more entertaning than the magazine!! Thanks

yea i read that article. basically it says how good the new kaw is and that "suzukis meanest is starting to taste a little like chicken." boy, i love it when mags make such a claim when they haven't even done a real test. i'm not worried though the next busa will be a shocker. suzuki has been relentless to stay on top for the last ten years. i'm also glad this class has been given the shot in the arm it has needed for a few years now; not all of us want literbikes.

yea i read that article. basically it says how good the new kaw is and that "suzukis meanest is starting to taste a little like chicken."  boy, i love it when mags make such a claim when they haven't even done a real test. i'm not worried though the next busa will be a shocker. suzuki has been relentless to stay on top for the last ten years. i'm also glad this class has been given the shot in the arm it has needed for a few years now; not all of us want literbikes.
+1

Your so right just read the article, and they do compare it to the king and of course the Kaw riders love it BUT,  what the article should say is that after 1999 the busa changed colors and not much more, yes they fixed some bugs that each model had but it is still a bike from 1999.  The ZX14 is 135? some cc where I have heard the rumor that the new busa will be true 1399cc which makes sense to up the KAW some.  With all the go fast parts for the busa it will still put fear in the ZX14 rider so I don't think we need through in the towel.  Of course any month the ZX14 will dual against the busa in a magazine and I am guessing it will nudge it out over the 1/4 but with a sprocket change the busa is right back in its face.  The 40 tooth rear is not a 1/4mile gear and I read somewhere that the ZX14 has a 44tooth rear and any of us that has done that mod or the 16/42 knows how much better it is for the 1/4 with that gearing.  But the article will never tell you that
sad.gif

Busa still rocks !
http://www.flairphoto.com/busa.htm

I think everyone is just over reacting about zx14...
busas been on the street almost 10 years now, and factory's been fixing thing here and there for all these years...and all those years nobody even dare to do some about it, until now, and top of that, we have all that after market crazy mods is out there to upgrade?
I'm not even worry about anything...let'em come, with that much power? its all depends on experience that is the key.
blues.gif

I think the 14 will be slightly faster...BUT will never be buildable like a Busa with their intergrated cylinder jug ect..

Took them along time just to beat the Busa By a little,is that the best they could do!!!......Hopefully Suzuki puts them back in their place.....

It's quicker, arguing anything else is stupid. Time for Zuk to step up and give us a faster machine or play second fiddle.

Deal with it.

<!--EDIT|PacerX
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144847595 -->

Busa: 9.89 in the quarter with a magazine rider -1999
ZX14: 9.5? in the quarter with Ryan Schnitz - 2006

How about putting
rock.gif
??? Lary McBride on the Busa and letting him run the quarter.  We all know it's just as much about the rider as it is the bike.

<!--EDIT|Tree
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144850048 -->

They all top off at 186mph until you mod them out! I still don't like the way they look i have been trying to see one for two months and nobody has a real live one in Oklahoma.

I still haven't seen any proof that it IS quicker. They ran 9.9 in the 1/4-mile with it yet have the BUSA in the back quoted running a 9.8....???

Until they run them BOTH BONESTOCK on the same day with the same rider, it is just talk. The mags are trying to sell new bikes and that's what they get paid to do. Saying the BUSA with 8-year old technology beats it, doesn't really help Kawi sell 06-ZX14's....
sad.gif

Back