Sad time this morning

BlueHaya

I'm outta here!!!!
Donating Member
Registered
Sad day in our house this morning.

My little one loves her Snow WHite hamster. Well, this morning she went to get it out and play with it, as she does every morning before school, and she noticed she left the gate on the top section open and Bella got out.:sadlike:

We looked and looked and looked....then my wife found her.:omg: She had made her way in to our Boxer's crate. Poor little Hammy.

Our daughter was devastated...her Bella was dead. We did not tell her Duchess did it or she would hate Duchess. We just told her she was dead and she was better off. She did see some of the blood as I wrapped her in a paper towel in preparation for burial. She was just crushed up..not chewed up.

Bella had a great personality and she was very tame and just a great pet.

My little one was heart broke....so we kept her out of school today and went took her to get another hamster.:cheerleader::cheerleader:

Her name is snow ball. I hope she turns out as good as Bella:please:

Here are some pics of Bella

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

Last edited:
sad, those little things only live for a couple of years, i found that out last year as my sons passed away from age..kinda a bummer they live such short lives.

Should have gotten her a Bunny or a Guinea Pig Rodney :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Tell her we are sorry for her loss but we are happy for her New Hammy :thumbsup::thumbsup:

sad day in our house this morning.

My little one loves her snow white hamster. Well, this morning she went to get it out and play with it, as she does every morning before school, and she noticed she left the gate on the top section open and bella got out.:sadlike:

We looked and looked and looked....then my wife found her.:omg: She had made her way in to our boxer's crate. Poor little hammy.

Our daughter was devastated...her bella was dead. We did not tell her duchess did it or she would hate duchess. We just told her she was dead and she was better off. She did see some of the blood as i wrapped her in a paper towel in preparation for burial. She was just crushed up..not chewed up.

Bella had a great personality and she was very tame and just a great pet.

My little one was heart broke....so we kept her out of school today and went took her to get another hamster.:cheerleader::cheerleader:

Her name is snow ball. I hope she turns out as good as bella:please:

Here are some pics of bella

oops ???

Last edited:
Awwww :( Tell your daughter I'm so sorry...

We have the same "winter white" hamster, named Pickles...he escaped his cage weeks ago, woke me up around 4:30 a.m. squealing. I jumped out of bed to find him huddled behind a door in my room, my 3 indoor kitties all in a line looking toward him. Poor guy was wet, so someone "licked him" to take a taste :rofl: Good news for Pickles is that those cats are so domesticated and always inside, no front claws...I think they were amused by Pickles but honestly had no idea what to do with him :laugh:

We lucked out...Pickles is fine...

Post up pics of Snow Ball when you guys get 'em :)

Last edited:
"Farewell, Master, Yet not farewell, Where I go, ye, too, shall dwell
I am gone, before your face, A moment's time, a little space.
When ye come where I have stepped, Ye will wonder why ye wept. "

:cry:

Sorry for your loss.
No matter the size they are all part of the family.

That sucks man. I'm sure your little girl is devastated. Good thoughts go out to her - and I hope she likes the new one.

Maybe should have just said he ran away sorry for the loss.

I think it was good that she knows her little Snow White died. Will keep her from searching for her for the next 2 years and will teach her a little bit about the inevitable.

Blanca Busa;2284588 Sorry for your loss. No matter the size they are all part of the family.[/QUOTE said:
I love the way you think! :beerchug:

Tell your daughter that we are all very sorry for the loss of her little hamster. It's hard losing a pet.

Sorry to hear about your daughters loss. I had a hamster to when I was younger. He ended up dying after he was on top of his wheel and fell into his water bowl. He caught some kind of infection and only lived for a couple of days even with the antibiotics that I gave him. Good luck with the new little guy.

...My hamster lived 7 years... he was the amazement of the vets office when I took him in to get him treated for pneumonia...(yeah I took a hamster to the vet)...
yeah I agree that size doesn't matter.. they are all part of the family and all capable of the same gift of love
I'm sorry for your daughter... and for her passed friend

Back