Sad Day In Mobile

Last year I got to spend a month and a half in Mobile as a hurricane adjuster. Nicest folks I've ever met.
May god bless.
Brad

Goddamn alcohol! Good luck at the funeral! Hope your other friends learn so this doesnt happen again! Sorry for your loss!!!!

sorry to hear about your friend man. My uncle dropped his harley after drinking in a bar about eleven months ago and landed on the front part of his forehead. Took him about 8 months of intesive care and rehab to get him back to normal. He was riding a custom chopper that has since been repaired and sold. Alchohol and bikes are never a mix.

Sorry to hear about your friend. What a terrible Christmas for his family.

(mortrhodie @ Dec. 19 2006,13:30)
  So long Nathan, we will miss ya.

Was this the guy on I10 Friday night?:::

Man killed in I-10 motorcycle wreck
Sunday, December 17, 2006
By NADIA M. TAYLOR
Staff Reporter
A 27-year-old Mobile man was killed late Friday night on Interstate 10 when he slammed into the back of a pickup truck and then got run over by at least two other vehicles, according to Alabama State Troopers.

Nathan Dewayne Douglas was pronounced dead on the scene, trooper spokesman Cpl. Joe Piggott said Saturday.

Douglas was driving a 2006 Honda CBR 1000RR motorcycle westbound on I-10 shortly before 10 p.m. when he struck the rear of a 1983 Chevrolet pickup driven by Jason Wayne Wiggins, 28, of Grand Bay, Piggott said in a news release. The wreck occurred just west of the Rangeline Road overpass.

Douglas was then struck by other vehicles, Piggott said. It was unclear how many other vehicles struck him.

Speed appeared to be a factor in the crash, Piggott said, and it was unknown if alcohol was involved.

Wiggins said late Friday night that he was driving back from a Christmas social at the Kushla Assembly of God, where his father used to preach, when Douglas slammed into the back of his pickup truck, hurling his helmet through Wiggins' back windshield.

"I was just cruising down the road and then, just boom! It happened so fast," Wiggins said as he stood with friends and family on the closed interstate late Friday night.

"The radio don't work, so I was probably singing or something, I didn't see it coming at all. I never even heard the bike," he said.

"His helmet crashed through the back windshield and hit me in the back of the head," Wiggins said, rubbing the spot between his neck and his shoulder where the helmet hit. "I didn't know what it was until I saw the helmet in the back. There was just glass everywhere."

Wiggins' truck started fishtailing, he said, and after he regained control of the vehicle he pulled off the side of the road, crawled over the broken glass from the back windshield and out of the passenger side door to let authorities know he was there.

Chris Toller, 43, was on his way to Baton Rouge, La., hauling batteries in his tractor trailer when he heard "a zoom" and saw a flash of motorcycle zip by him, he said.

"By the time I looked up he was gone," Toller, of Bristol, Tenn., said late Friday night, as he watched emergency personnel circle remains of the crash in pink spray paint.

A few seconds after he heard the bike, Toller said, the motorcycle slammed into the truck and Douglas got hit by one of the vehicles
"I heard on the CB (radio) 'Oh my God, he's in the middle of the road! I just ran over him, he's in the middle of the road!' And just then I looked up and he was laying right there," Toller said.

"I yanked (the tractor trailer) over and pulled it on to the median just in time," he said. "I ran back there but he was already gone."

The motorcycle was smashed into hundreds of pieces late Friday night, and other remnants of the grinding crash were spread across the interstate.

The largest piece of the bike landed about 200 feet from the body, which laid mangled in the middle of the interstate, covered by a white sheet.

Traffic was backed up for miles, and authorities closed off parts of the interstate for nearly two hours to divert motorists while emergency workers cleared the scene.

__
Sad deal there my man!

Saturday I rode with a Mobile cop who was apparently at the scene. He said the guy was flying.

That whole stretch of interstate over there is like a death zone - hell I am scared when I drive it in my car!

Prayers sent...

our prayers are with his family at this time. please be carefull all alcohol and speed don't go together.

(YH2K @ Dec. 20 2006,20:43)
(mortrhodie @ Dec. 19 2006,13:30)
So long Nathan, we will miss ya.

Was this the guy on I10 Friday night?:::

Man killed in I-10 motorcycle wreck
Sunday, December 17, 2006
By NADIA M. TAYLOR
Staff Reporter
A 27-year-old Mobile man was killed late Friday night on Interstate 10 when he slammed into the back of a pickup truck and then got run over by at least two other vehicles, according to Alabama State Troopers.

Nathan Dewayne Douglas was pronounced dead on the scene, trooper spokesman Cpl. Joe Piggott said Saturday.

Douglas was driving a 2006 Honda CBR 1000RR motorcycle westbound on I-10 shortly before 10 p.m. when he struck the rear of a 1983 Chevrolet pickup driven by Jason Wayne Wiggins, 28, of Grand Bay, Piggott said in a news release. The wreck occurred just west of the Rangeline Road overpass.

Douglas was then struck by other vehicles, Piggott said. It was unclear how many other vehicles struck him.

Speed appeared to be a factor in the crash, Piggott said, and it was unknown if alcohol was involved.

Wiggins said late Friday night that he was driving back from a Christmas social at the Kushla Assembly of God, where his father used to preach, when Douglas slammed into the back of his pickup truck, hurling his helmet through Wiggins' back windshield.

"I was just cruising down the road and then, just boom! It happened so fast," Wiggins said as he stood with friends and family on the closed interstate late Friday night.

"The radio don't work, so I was probably singing or something, I didn't see it coming at all. I never even heard the bike," he said.

"His helmet crashed through the back windshield and hit me in the back of the head," Wiggins said, rubbing the spot between his neck and his shoulder where the helmet hit. "I didn't know what it was until I saw the helmet in the back. There was just glass everywhere."

Wiggins' truck started fishtailing, he said, and after he regained control of the vehicle he pulled off the side of the road, crawled over the broken glass from the back windshield and out of the passenger side door to let authorities know he was there.

Chris Toller, 43, was on his way to Baton Rouge, La., hauling batteries in his tractor trailer when he heard "a zoom" and saw a flash of motorcycle zip by him, he said.

"By the time I looked up he was gone," Toller, of Bristol, Tenn., said late Friday night, as he watched emergency personnel circle remains of the crash in pink spray paint.

A few seconds after he heard the bike, Toller said, the motorcycle slammed into the truck and Douglas got hit by one of the vehicles
"I heard on the CB (radio) 'Oh my God, he's in the middle of the road! I just ran over him, he's in the middle of the road!' And just then I looked up and he was laying right there," Toller said.

"I yanked (the tractor trailer) over and pulled it on to the median just in time," he said. "I ran back there but he was already gone."

The motorcycle was smashed into hundreds of pieces late Friday night, and other remnants of the grinding crash were spread across the interstate.

The largest piece of the bike landed about 200 feet from the body, which laid mangled in the middle of the interstate, covered by a white sheet.

Traffic was backed up for miles, and authorities closed off parts of the interstate for nearly two hours to divert motorists while emergency workers cleared the scene.

__
Sad deal there my man!

Saturday I rode with a Mobile cop who was apparently at the scene. He said the guy was flying.

That whole stretch of interstate over there is like a death zone - hell I am scared when I drive it in my car!

Prayers sent...
sad.gif

Yeah dude. It was Nathan he and I used to work together at the local Honda stealer. He was operating a CBR 10000 RR blue and yellow
 Had a couple after work and was headed to Hooters. Foggy night impact some wheres between 100 to 130 mph. ran over by a couple a vehicles after flying into a p.u.
 Benefit ride for wife and children in Feb. His life insurance would not of been in effect until Jan ,07.
 He was nice guy and always seemed to show respect.

Back