S1000RR vs Busa

asylum1

Registered
A friend called me last night to tell me that he watched a few high speed runs between a S1000RR vs a busa and a ZX14R and he said that the S1000RR completely detroyed the other bikes. He said it was relatively close between the buse the ZX14 but they didnt stand a chance againt the S1000RR. He said all the bikes were stock so I was surprised to hear that the S1000RR put such a beating on those two bikes. Is the S1000RR really as fast as he says or are there other factors that came into play?

the runs my friend watched was in person not on youtube so theres no worry as to whether they were setup or not.

If the busa were lighter, it'd stand a better chance. We have a great deal of power under the curve, and that's what is going to win races. Unless, of course, the other guy is 100 lbs lighter...

Everything is relative. Several things need to be considered in a "race" such as rider size, experience, ability, tires, lane, etc etc.

I don't take these things very seriously. It's what my bike means to me that I like about it. I don't care so much that some guy on a bmw beat some guy on a busa.

Ive seen the video on Youtube and I dont like the way the guy shifts. When I drag, I never let off the throttle. I hammer through the shift.

If we are never going to race, beside ego, does it matter? Have you ever twisted the throttle all out, can you really imagine faster? I cannot or need faster. It already makes my heart skip a beat. The busa is hands down the most comfortable bike for me. It fits me like a glove and that is more important then bragging rights. When I had the Ducati1098 people would stop me to look at it (had the first down here) and you know what, I hated the damn thing. A work of art that was so damn uncomfortable, I began to hate riding. Now I have a bike that comes a dime a dozen and I would never give it up. I just love the damn thing. Two years later and I still go in the garage for no other reason that to look at her. Just my thoughts.

Stock vs stock only matters to those who have a stock bike. The rest of us mod to our hearts content
Posted via Mobile Device

I would hope it would beat the busa. Its lighter and has more power. If it didn't beat the busa, i'd be a little worried.

I wonder which bike would win for the long haul though... :D

Stock vs stock only matters to those who have a stock bike. The rest of us mod to our hearts content
Posted via Mobile Device

I agree with that. With the difference in the price between what I paid for my 09 busa new to what a new S1000RR would cost me, I could just throw on a turbo kit and be watching the BMW as it gets smaller in my rear view.

We can't be the fastest forever, someone will always try to go faster that the fastest, its part of the game, maybe suzuki will give us more power later to go even faster and be in top of game again. :laugh:

Our dyno here at work is known to read a lot lower than most, however, it's very consistent and is updated by Dynojet frequently. With that being said, I've seen 2, factory stock, 2008 Hayabusa's both dyno 165whp...

This summer, we hosted a dyno shoot-out and had a complete factory stock, S1000RR, dyno 165whp....

That's hands down the highest dyno # I've ever seen on OUR dyno for any stock 1000cc bike

Wait til you guys getta load of the new ZX10. Its 50 lbs lighter than the BMW. They claim 190 rear wheel HP....which usually turns out to be about 170. Base price on the BMW is 13,900 and 12,900 on the new ZX10. Im thinkin you'll see Ricky Gadson jump off that homely ZX14 and on the 10 this year!!

Wait til you guys getta load of the new ZX10. Its 50 lbs lighter than the BMW. They claim 190 rear wheel HP....which usually turns out to be about 170. Base price on the BMW is 13,900 and 12,900 on the new ZX10. Im thinkin you'll see Ricky Gadson jump off that homely ZX14 and on the 10 this year!!

There is no way it will be 50 lighter then The BMW, that would put it at a weight of 400lbs wet, they claim 197 at the crank, BUT it is being detuned for U.S., price on the zx is 13,700 or something like that with a grand more for race abs. So call it 14,700

BMW with race abs, quick shift,traction control- $15,200 so around 600 or so dollars more for a BMW, you be the judge.

I am looking at both the BMW and the Kawasaki as I am buying either or in the spring

I raced a coworker I was on my sons crusier 650cc he was on his cruiser 1500 he won by one bike length it all depends on to many factors.

The bmw 1000 is one fast little sob. The new zx10 has been so detuned for the US market it won't stand a chance against it. I think the US is pretty much killing the hp wars starting in 2011 it looks like. We'll see what the other makers can bring to the market :whistle:

Back