Run in with police today

Fate

Donating Member
Registered
Well, today was a really nice day to ride, atleast early. I went on a ride down a road about an hour away from my house in IL. It is a really scenic road down the Mississippi River that has cliffs, lots of open water, eagles flying, etc.... Lots of people travel down to see the sites and the speed limit is 55. Well, no cars are around and I am enjoying the sites and once in a while I glance behind me in the mirrors. Well all of a sudden I hear a siren from no where. Scares the crap out of me, I look back and this cop is riding my rear. I swerve into the right lane and with no lights on he drives past me, obviously pissed, yelling and pointing and waiving his arms like an idiot. No of course, I should have been in the right lane so faster traffic could go by, but I was running around 63 on my speedometer which is pretty close to a true 55. I followed him up and he drives into a park area and I follow him from a distance and he is only doing patrols.

Bet you were crapping your pants when that happened.
biggrin.gif

Maybe his emergency call got cancelled shortly after he got by you?? [/QUOTE]

Yea,something like this:
"Squad 51,cancell that call,the last doughnut is already been sold!"

watch out on the river road fate...it is beautiful scenery but they often set up roadblocks on weekends after dark, especially around holidays...give me a yell next time you're coming over, i live about a mile away...glad you had a good ride

Cool he wasnt' after you.

I had a different experience a few days ago.

I was going North on Taconic raceway (for those who know), and stopped on the shoulder to buckle a strap on my backpack. 10 sec later a cop pulls up behind with the lights on. "Damn, could he see me doing triple digits? I am so careful choosing my places".

"I am OK sir, just forgot to buckle my backpack".

"That's OK. You blend in with trees too much, so another car can hit you. So, I stopped to give you cover."

"Oh, thank you so much, Sir!". A 2-sec handshake follows.

He waits till I leave, and follows me. I am doing 60 (it's 55 mph zone). He follows me for 10 - 20 sec, then passes and slowly disappears. I take an exit to my backroads.

I wanted to tell him "Alright officer, that's the kind of police work you should always do."

Maybe his emergency call got cancelled shortly after he got by you??

Yea,something like this:
"Squad 51,cancell that call,the last doughnut is already been sold!"
I like the way U guys think !    
laugh.gif
[/QUOTE]
He never hit his lights just the damn air horn. I could have handled the lights but the horn scared the sh** out of me, he was right on my back tire. He was just mad he had to go the speed limit and I was in the "fast lane" I used to be a cop and that kind of crap pisses me off. He was not on a call, he was patroling the park parking lots...

watch out on the river road fate...it is beautiful scenery but they often set up roadblocks on weekends after dark, especially around holidays...give me a yell next time you're coming over, i live about a mile away...glad you had a good ride
I'll pm you next time. If you want to go over to the Missouri side, let me know... Were you out Sunday? I passed atleast 4 Busas, two black and greys and a red and black and a blue and silver.  There were so many bikes my arm was hurting from waiving. Even the Hardleys were waiving...

<!--EDIT|Fate
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155589896 -->

Illinois enforces the keep right except to pass law on two lane roads. He could have pulled you over and ticketed you for cruising in the left lane no matter how fast or slow you were going.

Illinois enforces the keep right except to pass law on two lane roads.  He could have pulled you over and ticketed you for cruising in the left lane no matter how fast or slow you were going.
Yea, well I wish they would do that in New York. I'm so sick of the old ladies or cell phone talkers just cruisin' in the left lane. There's usually a long line of cars behind them, and they don't even know it!

Illinois enforces the keep right except to pass law on two lane roads.  He could have pulled you over and ticketed you for cruising in the left lane no matter how fast or slow you were going.
Yea, well I wish they would do that in New York.  I'm so sick of the old ladies or cell phone talkers just cruisin' in the left lane.  There's usually a long line of cars behind them, and they don't even know it!
What does that matter you guys from NY will just drive on the sidewalks or backwards down the road.
tounge.gif

I was in NY for a few weeks driving a rental car and I don't know if I ever fully recovered. Scariest place in the world to drive.

<!--EDIT|Fate
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155656830 -->

Back