Rubbah's latest brainstorm

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Peer to peer file sharing networks can be awesome. They can also be a giant pain in the butt.(Virus's,spyware,etc)

So,I thought why dont we start a little group within' the group. We could start sharing with one another there on the Limewire,only sharing files we know ourselves to be of good quality,and virus free.

We could post our Limewire user names here,even set up times to meet and share.

Whatcha think?

As a computer IT supervisor / department head / professional and overall computer technical superior being (did I say that outloud?) I can say without any doubt or hesitation, I have and never will again use Limewire or any other peer to peer file sharing system

face7.gif

As a computer IT supervisor / department head / professional and overall computer technical superior being (did I say that outloud?) I can say without any doubt or hesitation, I  have and never will again use Limewire or any other peer to peer file sharing system

face7.gif
party pooper....haahahhahaha

As a computer IT supervisor / department head / professional and overall computer technical superior being (did I say that outloud?) I can say without any doubt or hesitation, I  have and never will again use Limewire or any other peer to peer file sharing system

face7.gif
Vp of Operations for an IT professional sevices co.... roger that....

T fox....whats the safest one....I know,I know. Limewire doesnt seem to use screenames. Which site am i thinking of where we could grab screen names and only share with our brothers/sisters here on the org?

.......overall computer technical superior being (did I say that outloud?).......

face7.gif
LOL yes you did.

BTW Rubbdah, I think there is the potential for that to draw unnecessary/unwanted attention to the .Org.

JMHO

Don
How so? Its not like we would go on there and advertise,besides....we are always looking for new members.

But most importantly....I'm not sure i like the way you spell my name....Rubbdah.
mad.gif

Dude sorry about the spelling, when I tried to use Spell Checker it got to your name and said "Guy is so freakin' kewl, it doesn't matter how you spell it"

LOL
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|usn04limited
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146775748 -->

T-Fox has me so freakin paranoid I just deleted Limewire from one of my 'puters. I was going to designate one of the 3 to non-firewalled,non-routered,open season type file transfering.

Now....I think i'll just go buy the CD. hahahaha

T fox....whats the safest one....I know,I know. Limewire doesnt seem to use screenames.  Which site am i thinking of where we could grab screen names and only share with our brothers/sisters here on the org?
I presonally and professionaly would not consider ANY peer to peer file sharing safe...  

There are all kinds of entities just waiting to ruin someones day, peer to peer file sharing system are the best vehicle for someone to use to accomplish this. Which is probably why hackers enjoy the peer to peer sharing networks so much.

Limewire is one of the more well known systems. If I were to use a peer to peer file sharing system I would only do so by haveing a stand alone system that was dedicated to only that purpose and nothing else.

With I might add newest Anit Virus software running and about 3 differant types of spyware / adware software running and I would still probably wipe the drive every 6 months  
biggrin.gif

Not really sure of which system you are thinking of. Like I said. I checked those things out when they first came out and realized quick they were something I did not want to get involved in so I am not up to snuff on what is currently out there

I just know enough that if I see the shid on a clients computer I will usually either inform the client if it is a personal computer and ask them if they want it removed, or if it is a corp computer I just whack it without asking and chew someones but if they whine when it is gone lol

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146776337 -->

Back