thumb_up.gif
Hmmmmmm how far is Bogus from us again?
Roadtrip!!
cool.gif
I'll buy the scallops if Randy cooks
ThumbsUp.gif
 How many can you fit in your skillit
laugh.gif
I've got 3 large skillets so should have plenty of room!  
laugh.gif
Ya that should do
laugh.gif
NOW WHAT ABOUT YOU GUYS
tounge.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

This recipe would probably work for shrimp too right?

What's on the menu tomorrow?
laugh.gif
Hmmm could be, but shrimp over cook really fast so it will take a little change I think

I would do a quick dunk in the butter and olive oil just to seal them, and then allow them to cook after you add the cream to the brandy/butter mixture in the pan.

You will need to let the butter brown a bit before adding the cream is all

blanched shrimp could be dropped into the boiling cream mixture and then topped with the Parmesan cheese and then under the broiler to finish.. This does work well with flounder and tilapia but I omit the cream for those..

laugh.gif
Hmmm could be, but shrimp over cook really fast so it will take a little change I think

I would do a quick dunk in the butter and olive oil just to seal them, and then allow them to cook after you  add the cream to the brand/butter mixture in the pan.  

blanched shrimp could be dropped into the boiling cream mixture and then topped with the Parmesan cheese and then under the broiler to finish..  This does work well with flounder and tilapia but I omit the cream for those..
rock.gif
Did you use to be a chef. I didn't understand half that. I did try fryin my own shrimp 1 time and yes over cooking shrimp is EASY. Mine were like SHRIMP JERKY
winkold.gif

laugh.gif

I would do a quick dunk in the butter and olive oil just to seal them, and then allow them to cook after you  add the cream to the brand/butter mixture in the pan.  

blanched shrimp could be dropped into the boiling cream mixture and then topped with the Parmesan cheese and then under the broiler to finish..  This does work well with flounder and tilapia but I omit the cream for those..
rock.gif
 Did you use to be a chef. I didn't understand half that. I did try fryin my own shrimp 1 time and yes over cooking shrimp is EASY. Mine were like SHRIMP JERKY
winkold.gif
I BUT THEM PRECOOKED NOW
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

grew up in a restaurant family... My brother is a 4 star chef and I pay him to visit me
smile.gif
My little sister runs a small place in OKC...

I was forced labor as a kid to work the family biz... I really like the craft but not for a living.. (fun becomes work) and I am only good at a handful of the dishes.. (the ones I like)

The trick to shrimp is as soon as they start to curl, they are done... an ice bath quench is a good idea for steamed or boiled if they are not going to be served right away..

Big secret to scallops is having them dry.. when you sear them it seals in the juices and they stay really sweet.. overcooking is another thing that happens to them.. I prefer to cook to about "Medium" "Medium rare" condition.. the more you cook them,  the tougher they get so you might want to try different amounts of "done"
Not just a pretty face huh Brother
whistling.gif

This looks really fantastic.....
Here's what my wife would do to the recipe

Brandy or Sherry - replace with non alcoholic version
Salt/pepper - remove the salt and replace with pseudo salt
Butter - replace with non-butter/non taste margarine that tastes like sh... nevermind
Italian seasoning - replace with something other because of "included salt"
heavy cream - you've got to be kidding - replace with soy milk

Other than these little mods, she'd follow the recipe exactly
whistling.gif

Pray for me!

Butter - replace with non-butter/non taste margarine that tastes like sh... nevermind

whistling.gif

Pray for me!
well she will be ok with the seasoning.. (no salt in it)

but cooking without butter? sorry but no way
smile.gif

tell her the brandy or sherry, will cook out the booze during the flame show
laugh.gif

Now she might be able to substitute the scallops with Tofu ? :eek:

whistling.gif

Pray for me!
cooking it removes the alcohol right or does it only remove most of it. As for the rest of the changes...well....if you take the fat out of anything it is just not the same anymore
sad.gif
Some dishes you just have to suffer the fat
tounge.gif

no alcohol left when every you cook with it.. boils at around 170 I think.

I ran the calorie count on this dish and it is around 600 calories..(mostly from the cream) Scallops are under 100 for 5 of them.. Most good foods are not that bad for you in moderation.. Add a green veggie, and salad and you could have a 900 calorie dinner...

Mr. Bogus, have I mentioned that my room at the phillips has a spare bed and if you need accommodations just speak up.
laugh.gif

I'm with the other guy, I'll take at least three of those plates
cool.gif

Looks like the bash will get a simple "Irish Beef Stew" if that sounds ok?

Back