Romanian WASR-10

motogp08

Registered
Hey boys and gals, it's Moto!

I'm getting a new toy tommorow!!!!

She's a Romanian WASR-10 AK47 with bayonet, 2-30 rd. mags., sling, kit, and manual.

$500usd.

What do you guys think?

Does anyone else have this gun?

Is it very accurate?

I've got a LOT of stuff running through my mind, i'm nervous as HE11!!!!

It's good to talk to everyone again, been busy with school again!

PS. The picture is not MY ak, but looks just like it... what do you guys think?

My_AK.jpg

Should only be about $350-400 at the most, no, not very accurate at all, but it makes up somewhat for its lack of accuracy with reliability. Will function under any and all conditions. I have a yugoslavian version. Good weapon. You'll put your eye out!
beerchug.gif

Yeah, if possible you might want to find a better deal GP08.. Whatever happens, have fun and be safe !!!
guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

Excellent weapon....for both dollar and purpose...far more reliable (and deadly/potent) than your garden variety AR for a fraction of the cost yet still retains a true pratical...tactical...level of accuracy.

I've owned many AK varients...several norinco....a couple romaks...and all were as legend states...ultra-reliable...and while "accuracy" may be an issue with many?...use....*the right ammo...and you can easily keep'em in a paper-plate at 100yds and a serving platter at 200yds...with the supplied iron sights.

* "The Right Ammo" means: The largest bullet diameter that fits your bore best...as i've found the bores to err to thge large size on these AK's and witnessed the fact that you can purchase commercially produced 7.62X39 ammo who's bullet diameters can run the gambit of .308-.313 )and anywhere's inbetween) pending ammo manufacturer...match the ammo to your bore and you'll have plenty of pratical/tactical accuracy out too 200yds...with ease.

For instance...i had a long barrel Norinco MAC91 that had a chrome lined bore that slugged out at .312 (and change)...so?...I chose "Lapua" 7.62X39 ammo for that specimen as the Lapua ammo used a .313 diameter bullet and?...I could keep'em in a cigarette pack sized group at 100...and inside a paper-plate at 200....w/ iron sights....bagged on a bench.

Congrats and L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

UR PAYING TOOOOO MUCH FOR IT!! SWEET GUN THOU!
guns.gif
werd.gif
 And no offense, but a high school kid has no business owning an AK47.  Just my opinion
I've been around guns my WHOLE life, hunted for about half that, and already "can't OWN until 18" so i've "used" them plenty.

Besides its not the "age" of the person, its the head on their shoulders.

My best safety is between my ears, and my safety is more efficient than the mechanical ones on the guns because i know mine will work as long as it is functioning, and if its not functioning, i don't need the GUN anyway. I know you said no offense, and i respect that. And EVERYONE is entitled to their oppinion. But i'm plenty capable of handling firearms.

Thanks for the concern however.

Excellent weapon....for both dollar and purpose...far more reliable (and deadly/potent) than your garden variety AR for a fraction of the cost yet still retains a true pratical...tactical...level of accuracy.

I've owned many AK varients...several norinco....a couple romaks...and all were as legend states...ultra-reliable...and while "accuracy" may be an issue with many?...use....*the right ammo...and you can easily keep'em in a paper-plate at 100yds and a serving platter at 200yds...with the supplied iron sights.

* "The Right Ammo" means: The largest bullet diameter that fits your bore best...as i've found the bores to err to thge large size on these AK's and witnessed the fact that you can purchase commercially produced 7.62X39 ammo who's bullet diameters can run the gambit of .308-.313 )and anywhere's inbetween) pending ammo manufacturer...match the ammo to your bore and you'll have plenty of pratical/tactical accuracy out too 200yds...with ease.

For instance...i had a long barrel Norinco MAC91 that had a chrome lined bore that slugged out at .312 (and change)...so?...I chose "Lapua" 7.62X39 ammo for that specimen as the Lapua ammo used a .313 diameter bullet and?...I could keep'em in a cigarette pack sized group at 100...and inside a paper-plate at 200....w/ iron sights....bagged on a bench.

Congrats and L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Thanks for the info.

If i have questions later, can i PM you for them?

Also, its BRAND new, so 500 may be a little expensive, but its right here locally, don't need background check, etc.

Also for anyone wondering, my mom is picking it up now, and in 6 months when i turn 18 i'll own it.

Also, in february i'm looking into adding another/couple more guns into the inventory.

The possibilities are, AK74, DPMS AR15, SKS, and i've wanted a .45 for a while, "mostly just to shoot," and most of the people i've talked to said the XD45 would be about right.

Any suggestions?

Thanks everyone!

Personally as someone who's also owned several of these weapons, I have to say accuracy is not something the AK family is known for. Matter of fact the only variant of this weapon worth anything in the accuracy field is the Kalishnokov, iron sighted 7.62mm sniper rifle, very accurate with iron sights out to 600-1000m or more with quality optics. The AK series, no matter who makes them, are known for continuously firing in the most severe cicumstances, dust, dirt, sand, mud the normal rigors of combat has proven to be no match for the AK. Dented magazines are much less common with an AK than an AR (or M16 family weapon). However, springs in the AK series magazines suck when compared to the AR series. Volume of fire is excellent as is the sustain, cyclic rates of fire. Saying a paper plate at 100y is within accuracy terms is not something I would compare to accurate. More like a 10cm circle at 300m, or a silver dollar at 100y.
As Jinkster mentioned, you can get tighter shot groups by match grade ammo, but even with a particular brand you will notice a wide variance in manufacturing tolerances, with the only exception being paying the cost for true match grade ammunition which fired from an AK will result in only slightly tighter shot groups, basically spend the money on better built weapon and use off the shelf target ammo and you will have better shot groups. I've tested this with several different variants of the AK and it seems to hold true to them all.

Personally as someone who's also owned several of these weapons, I have to say accuracy is not something the AK family is known for.  Matter of fact the only variant of this weapon worth anything in the accuracy field is the Kalishnokov, iron sighted 7.62mm sniper rifle, very accurate with iron sights out to 600-1000m or more with quality optics.  The AK series, no matter who makes them, are known for continuously firing in the most severe cicumstances, dust, dirt, sand, mud the normal rigors of combat has proven to be no match for the AK.  Dented magazines are much less common with an AK than an AR (or M16 family weapon).  However, springs in the AK series magazines suck when compared to the AR series.  Volume of fire is excellent as is the sustain, cyclic rates of fire.  Saying a paper plate at 100y is within accuracy terms is not something I would compare to accurate.  More like a 10cm circle at 300m, or a silver dollar at 100y.  
As Jinkster mentioned, you can get tighter shot groups by match grade ammo, but even with a particular brand you will notice a wide variance in manufacturing tolerances, with the only exception being paying the cost for true match grade ammunition which fired from an AK will result in only slightly tighter shot groups, basically spend the money on better built weapon and use off the shelf target ammo and you will have better shot groups.  I've tested this with several different variants of the AK and it seems to hold true to them all.
I realize the ak isn't "accurate," like your suggesting, but the paper plate at 100y is precisely what i was wondering. That is sufficient for me, personally.

But i do greatly appreciate all of the info from you guys, i'm already feeling better about the purchase.

Can't WAIT to go get it!!!!
drools.gif

The AK is a good plinker, and the 7.62 monarchs are cheap enough for target practice, but don't expect to hunt this it unless you want to spray down an animal charging you. If you like the AK, I would get an SKS, easier to mod and more extras for it. Either way, you should be able to pickup a base model for less than $400. I would recommend getting an SKS w/ Tapco T6 stock, make sure you get a shell deflector if you plan to mount a good scope. Have fun, be safe!

The AK is a good plinker, and the 7.62 monarchs are cheap enough for target practice, but don't expect to hunt this it unless you want to spray down an animal charging you.  If you like the AK, I would get an SKS, easier to mod and more extras for it.  Either way, you should be able to pickup a base model for less than $400.  I would recommend getting an SKS w/ Tapco T6 stock, make sure you get a shell deflector if you plan to mount a good scope.  Have fun, be safe!
Thanks!

BTW everyone, i've already got money down on it.

We're going to PICK IT UP tommorow.

I've been waiting for almost a month already, its gonna kill me, anticipation SUCKS!
drools.gif

Congrats on the rifle..be careful.

...man...6 months and you will be 18. Just seems like you were 16 and dreaming of a Busa.

Glad to see you post up.

its gonna kill me,
I hope it doesn't! Also watch for the brass as its ejected. If its coming back at your face get a deflector. A Soldier of mine lost his right eye when a brass ejected from an AKMS and stuck open end first into his eye, Ft Irwin, NTC, California 1995. Be careful, a set of shooting glasses would prevent this.

its gonna kill me,
I hope it doesn't!  Also watch for the brass as its ejected.  If its coming back at your face get a deflector.  A Soldier of mine lost his right eye when a brass ejected from an AKMS and stuck open end first into his eye, Ft Irwin, NTC, California 1995.  Be careful, a set of shooting glasses would prevent this.
Hahahaha, the GUN isn't gonna kill me, i mean't the anticipation of GETTING IT!

Jeeze, you take things a little to literally...oo oo, tongue twister!

Don't worry about me bro, i'll be fine!
winkold.gif

its gonna kill me,
I hope it doesn't!  Also watch for the brass as its ejected.  If its coming back at your face get a deflector.  A Soldier of mine lost his right eye when a brass ejected from an AKMS and stuck open end first into his eye, Ft Irwin, NTC, California 1995.  Be careful, a set of shooting glasses would prevent this.

winkold.gif

...man...6 months and you will be 18.  Just seems like you were 16 and dreaming of a Busa.

Glad to see you post up.
Yeah, glad to see you around too bro. Gun talk with you was SOO much fun before. I'm REAL glad you made your way over here.

Thinking about an AR15 as well, which do you think would be a good idea?

Probably use it for coyote, target practice, etc.

I'm thinking DPMS, but still not sure.

Any suggestions?

its gonna kill me,
I hope it doesn't! Also watch for the brass as its ejected. If its coming back at your face get a deflector. A Soldier of mine lost his right eye when a brass ejected from an AKMS and stuck open end first into his eye, Ft Irwin, NTC, California 1995. Be careful, a set of shooting glasses would prevent this.

winkold.gif
Yep, understood the anticipation thing, just checking
smile.gif
and forgot the smiley on that one. Good luck with and enjoy.... Oh yeah, you do know they are F'ing loud, and I mean very loud for the weapon they are right? I'd definitely wear dbl hearing protection. First time I had heard one, the muzzle was about 24" from my head, on the other side of a door while the user was trying to shoot me... anyway, then that thing went off I hit the floor in a sudden deafening ringing, nearly paralyzing me for seemingly forever but about 10sec. my rear security lit the door up with an M249 modified SAW and that was that. Never wanted to hear another one firing without ear pro- in. Oh man... the memories the sound of them going brings... chilly.

...man...6 months and you will be 18.  Just seems like you were 16 and dreaming of a Busa.

Glad to see you post up.
Yeah, glad to see you around too bro. Gun talk with you was SOO much fun before. I'm REAL glad you made your way over here.

Thinking about an AR15 as well, which do you think would be a good idea?

Probably use it for coyote, target practice, etc.

I'm thinking DPMS, but still not sure.

Any suggestions?
DPMS makes a good rifle also. I have a Bushmaster. The Ar's and the Ak's are good for all around shooting in my opinion..just having fun. I love blasting my AR. My goal is to practice my bumping.

In my opinion, and I am not trying to move you from the above rifles, but if you want to do some varmint hunting..I would get a matched 22-250. This is a superb all around small game rifle and the ammo is farily cheap.

Have fun.

Back