RJ off to Boosted Cycle Perf

I’ll say this. In the automotive world, mustang dynos are generally hated for their lower readings because they are a load based dyno vs inertial based dyno jets. There is a very small few well known guys in the high performance motorcycle industry to use a mustang dyno.

I’ve broken many hearts over the years with my dyno. But regardless of what number a bike makes, it’s always reflected in trap speed. But I’ll go even further and say I as a turner don’t even care about that. What I care about bout is consistency from dyno to the real world. Meaning I can make a data log of a 5th gear pull on the street, and then make the exact same pull on the dyno. The data logs between the two will be identical if not exact. No tuning on a curve like the dyno jets.

With all that said, it’s not too often the WCF number is higher then the other number. Historically whenever I see the WCF that around the same or higher is in unusually cool dry air, or when unique weather events are happening near the gulf cost reign. Last evening tropical storm Barry hit in Baton Rouge.

WCF is weather correction factor. The other number is the SAE HP number. (STD reads higher) There’s no smoothing, or other corrections you can add to change the look or results of a dyno sheet on the mustang dyno.

It would be cool to see a Dyno-Jet dyno reading, just to compare the two.
One thing I noticed was how long it took to climb to peak HP revs, and the fact that it never bounced off the rev limiter, did the flash raise the limiter threshold?
Pretty bloody impressive either way . . . you have an awesome bike Bryan.
RJ just loves to be loved, and shows it! :bowdown:

Rev limit is raised 200 rpms . Rob never hit it was bike didnt make any more power past 11,000.
Pulled 160 mph in 4th gear , and was collecting 21 mph per second on dyno .
Here is a test hit heading home where traffic was light . I was in 2nd sitting down , and tucked in . The bike would not do this before on flat land at this speed in 2nd . It would if I stood up , and wacked the throttle .

Rev limit is raised 200 rpms . Rob never hit it was bike didnt make any more power past 11,000.
Pulled 160 mph in 4th gear , and was collecting 21 mph per second on dyno .
Here is a test hit heading home where traffic was light . I was in 2nd sitting down , and tucked in . The bike would not do this before on flat land at this speed in 2nd . It would if I stood up , and wacked the throttle .
Everyone (almost) will be wanting to emulate what mods you have bolted onto RJ.

My bike is piped with a free flow filter, tuned on a dyno using the Bazzaz system and I was told from previous owner it was at 186/118...that is a far cry from RJ.

I'd say RJ is the benchmark of NA Busas, we could all benefit from your tutelage of how to get there.

Everyone (almost) will be wanting to emulate what mods you have bolted onto RJ.

My bike is piped with a free flow filter, tuned on a dyno using the Bazzaz system and I was told from previous owner it was at 186/118...that is a far cry from RJ.

I'd say RJ is the benchmark of NA Busas, we could all benefit from your tutelage of how to get there.
I want to add short stacks, and yosh ST1 cams by next year. Then have Rob retune for changes.

Not only are you lighter physically than ever , but you also got lots of excess power @c10 .... your power to weight on RJ loaded is why you wheelie easily , even with very tall gearing .
Me on the other hand , yes my bike is pretty light , but if my gearing wasn't the opposite of yours , mine is 18 t / 47 t , my bike wouldn't go hard with my ass onboard ..... but love that 1340 grunt on tap , nonetheless .
Been an interesting read on the org today lads , toad is going to sleep now !!

Me? Cant be. I have less then 20 years experience, and I don’t know everything.
Don't worry. We already have enough people on here who know everything ;). Me for example
Dynos even those that are the same make and model can rarely be accurately compared. The trick is to get one that is consistant so it can be used as a tuning tool. With consistancy RJ' s future numbers can be compared to previous numbers and gains or losses can be accurately compared. This would not be true if future mods were run on a completely different dyno. But I have a feeling Boosted knows stuff. Stuff experience has taught him Stuff most of us here do not know
Just sayin

Those really are big numbers. It shows what the bike is capable of given time and energy to achieve it
Those Japanese engineers are pretty clever to be able to design that much in it and them choke it down to suit the politics of the rest of the world and even then make an amazing motorcycle
The politicians are not so clever. They seem to think we will not try to find the real power available. Because politicians lack imagination, curiosity and the realization that things can be made better with a bit of ingenuity

Those really are big numbers. It shows what the bike is capable of given time and energy to achieve it
Those Japanese engineers are pretty clever to be able to design that much in it and them choke it down to suit the politics of the rest of the world and even then make an amazing motorcycle
The politicians are not so clever. They seem to think we will not try to find the real power available. Because politicians lack imagination, curiosity and the realization that things can be made better with a bit of ingenuity
says johhnies fattie

Thanks for kind words.

After the first pull Bryan looked at be very excited. I even said it might me reading on the high side somewhere around 10hp. But there’s been one constant with my dyno. Anytime I tune a 17 and up Busa, they always do better then what would be considered normal. My dyno is due for a servicing which includes calibrating the load cell. I made a few hits at the end of the night on Lucy, and the results made me look in to load cell status. Right now it reads -.02 not spinning. It should be zero. So indeed it’s time. But I will say I’ve seen it off more, and results have been relatively as expected.

The 08 gsxr 1k made an on par 181hp with a full exhaust and air filter after the tune.

But then I put Lucy on with the slightly bigger turbo, a clutch that’s not slipping with 5.25psi and managed a WFC 277hp. She managed 257 before with a slipping clutch on 4.9psi with the slightly smaller turbo. That same day I dynoed a gen 2 stage 1 Rcc, it made 238hp. Pretty on par. Those usually make 228-235.

The one thing everyone is forgetting is all the shop time Bryan puts in working on RJ & all the cleaning & talking nice to him while doing so. If it works for plants who knows what is possible? This just proves that RJ is special so lets leave it at that.

Back