Rivian R2 and R3 reveal

Can only get a Rivian in BC Canada right now and a base model goes for almost $90K.....

They ain’t cheap but it’s cool to see where this is all headed. R2 and R3 show the industry is trying to make more “affordable” EV’s. Battery manufacturing being brought back to the US will help as well. That soft landing from inflation may stagnate this sector a bit but that may help drive more competition for cheaper alternatives. Good on Rivian for showing what can be done and the best part is it’s all built by Americans in America

I’m fully aware of Rivian’s financials. If I’m on my own that’s ok. I refuse to dox myself but I can’t help but wonder if telling who I am would get you to back off or at least listen to what I say about this industry. @Oz22 please keep your trolling regarding the EV subject to threads that align with your beliefs.

I’m fully aware of Rivian’s financials. If I’m on my own that’s ok. I refuse to dox myself but I can’t help but wonder if telling who I am would get you to back off or at least listen to what I say about this industry. @Oz22 please keep your trolling regarding the EV subject to threads that align with your beliefs.

Trolling? Are you saying no one can speak their mind on this thread, no one can post relevant information, "information that you are aware of" but disinclined to tell anyone? I didn't realize this was an EV employees only thread, you should have made that clear and said that you wanted no dissent. But since you have, I will leave it and allow you to post your marketing videos in peace.

@Oz22 This is a public forum where you can speak freely. I’m ok with dissent but what’s your end goal? I post something positive about an American company that is trying to do the right thing in a very difficult space at a very challenging time yet you seem intent on bashing anything automotive that ‘RuNnOfT bAtTriE’. Not really sure what’s your point? Are you hoping for the collapse of BEV’s? Do you have a viable alternative to ICE vehicles? This industry is providing a ton of jobs and stimulating innovation in the automotive sector. While it might not create the biggest offset for climate related issues, it’s a start. This company is boosting the economy in a little town called Normal in Illinois. Regardless of what you think about BEV’s they are providing real economic impact. From battery cell to chips to charger manufacturing, this is bringing real jobs to real people. What’s crazy is it seems like your place could benefit the most from this technology. You could power your vehicles year round with solar alone and eliminate outages with V2X capabilities. You guys already have a decent charger manufacture who designed a charger for your harsh conditions see tritium for details. Sounds like the wave is already at your doorstep and you are afraid of change. FYI these are not “MY” marketing videos but nice try.

@Oz22 This is a public forum where you can speak freely. I’m ok with dissent but what’s your end goal? I post something positive about an American company that is trying to do the right thing in a very difficult space at a very challenging time yet you seem intent on bashing anything automotive ...

I understand your point of view 0-0, and the tons of jobs and innovation and steps toward reducing carbon emissions are all valid offshoots of the EV. But that doesn't mean the public in general want it, or that it's wise to force them through threats of banning ice cars to comply. Many people in small towns have benefited, as you say, but we're talking money made by the public there and just as much money being lost by the public who invested in all this during the current industry downturn/collapse. The one nullifies the other.

My reservations with the EV as a practical replacement for billions of gasoline powered cars are valid, and just because a few politicians and company executives say they will solve the myriad of problems, like the grid, the cost, the resale values and all else doesn't mean they will be able to. We're not afraid of change down here, what we are concerned with is investing a small fortune in a technology whose downsides currently outweigh it's upsides. Where we spend our money as individuals is our business. We don't stop buying meat just because some vegans say it's evil.

Do you have any idea how many people were involved in the horse and carriage industry back at the turn of the 19th century? Hundreds of thousands of breeders, blacksmiths, manufacturers of carriages and buggies and saddles, livery providers, thousands of people cleaning poo off city streets, . Did they want a transition to the new fanged internal combustion? Of course not, but that didn't prevent it from happening. So stop worrying about what a few lone voices on the internet say about your new fangeled EV's. If they are as good as you believe they will be the future regardless wont they.

Now in line with what you said earlier, please leave further comment on this for over on the general EV thread. This is not the place for it.
@Oz22 please keep your trolling regarding the EV subject to threads that align with your beliefs.

I live and work where they test pretty much all EVs in the cold. It’s literally 106 miles one way to Walmart for me and the base model Lightning couldn’t make it to Walmart and back on a single charge in the cold. The model 3’s and the Y’s come off the supercharger, run to town, and are all getting super nervous by the time they make it back, if it’s not so cold they can’t either. That’s not to mention where all the electricity is generated from, coal and diesel. EV’s might have a place, but for a year round daily driver, it’s not where I live. A few winters ago, we had 188 straight days of below freezing in a row. I like the fact that my diesel dually takes 5 minutes to refuel, because at -30 or so,
It sucks waiting. Batteries really don’t like to charge in the cold, I’d hate to see how long you’re gonna wait.

I live and work where they test pretty much all EVs in the cold. It’s literally 106 miles one way to Walmart for me and the base model Lightning couldn’t make it to Walmart and back on a single charge in the cold. The model 3’s and the Y’s come off the supercharger, run to town, and are all getting super nervous by the time they make it back, if it’s not so cold they can’t either. That’s not to mention where all the electricity is generated from, coal and diesel. EV’s might have a place, but for a year round daily driver, it’s not where I live. A few winters ago, we had 188 straight days of below freezing in a row. I like the fact that my diesel dually takes 5 minutes to refuel, because at -30 or so,
It sucks waiting. Batteries really don’t like to charge in the cold, I’d hate to see how long you’re gonna wait.
We aren't as cold here but I've heard the same complaint from EV owners....their range drops like a stone in the cold....then add strong winds or slippery road conditions where there's wheel spin and they get deplorable range...

Alaska or Michigan?

Back