Right passenger peg exhaust hole

rybraun

Registered
Ordering a 4-2-1 full exhaust system and was wondering what some of you guys did with the open hole left in the left rear passenger peg when from stock to a single can. Any ideas or pics would be cool thanks!
tounge.gif

Well I have seen 3 different ways to do something with it.

1. Some Companies make a plug that fits in the hole that is left...looks pretty cool

2. Seen people grind that section of the footpeg off and polish the peg...i like that look better

3 do Nothing

Schnitz Racing sells a plug for the hole $30 bucks but it's a nice billet aluminum with a Kanji logo
wink.gif

Ordering a 4-2-1 full exhaust system and was wondering what some of you guys did with the open hole left in the left rear passenger peg when from stock to a single can. Any ideas or pics would be cool thanks!
tounge.gif
Well?...I just mounted up a full akrapovic and have been mulling this very dilemma over in my old former U.S. Marine machinist mind and so far?..this is a few of the ideas I've conjured up...

1. Which I call "The Spike" is a keyed locking device precision machined to that extra hole where when parked?...one could reach under the seat to retrieve their "Spike" which would be machined rod of heat treated titanium that is "D" shaped to slide through the hole...then through your helmets "D" rings and extrend through the rear wheel spokes to act as both...

a. "A Helmet Lock/Hanger" and...

b. Act as an "Anti-Theft Device" as no one would be able to roll it away with "The Spike" through the spokes of the rear wheel.

2.?....well....I hate to say it on the net but...I was thinking it would be sort of a cool place to mount up a Katana...you know...a real Katana...with the tip of the sheath mounted to that hole...right hand throttle....left hand draw...think..

"BLACK RAIN"

okay...I'll put the bong down now.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Might sound funky but, I plugged it using the same bolt that came off of it...

2.?....well....I hate to say it on the net but...I was thinking it would be sort of a cool place to mount up a Katana...you know...a real Katana...with the tip of the sheath mounted to that hole...right hand throttle....left hand draw...think..

"BLACK RAIN"
When can I place an order for a Katana mount? And could you possibly design it as a 3>1 mount? I wanna mount up my Kodachi and Tanto, as well.
biggrin.gif

I've seen guys stick an allen head bolt in the hole with an anodized plug. Looked good.

Back