Right hand side NOISE

ndhaley

Registered
Hello fellas,

I have a 2000 Turbo Busa. It runs and drives fine but...
When it is stopped and I pull in the clutch when it is already in 1st gear it correctly disengages the gear however let say I pull into my driveway in 1st and pull the clutch in. And with the clutch still depressed I begin to back it into the garage I hear a rubbing noise coming from the right side of the bike and it acts like the clutch is still partially engaged... But only while going backwards. Now I would normally say that my clutch cable just needs to be adjusted but the noise is on the other side of the bike than where the shiffter and transmission are. I know it's something simple. The sound is like something is touching the right hand side cover on the inside of the cover. Can anyone shed some light on this? Please post. :-)

<!--EDIT|ndhaley
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111174952 -->

Hello fellas,

I have a 2000 Turbo Busa. It runs and drives fine but...
When it is stopped and I pull in the clutch when it is already in 1st gear it correctly disengages the gear however let say I pull into my driveway in 1st and pull the clutch in. And with the clutch still depressed I begin to back it into the garage I hear a rubbing noise coming from the right side of the bike and it acts like the clutch is still partially engaged... But only while going backwards. Now I would normally say that my clutch cable just needs to be adjusted but the noise is on the other side of the bike than where the shiffter and transmission are. I know it's something simple. The sound is like something is touching the right hand side cover on the inside of the cover. Can anyone shed some light on this? Please post. :-)
you dont have a clutch cable,unless its some aftermarket masterpiece... Busa's have a hydralic clutch. If the sound is coming from the right side,thats where the clutch lives.
If it only does it while backing up, maybe you should start by bleeding the clutch,see if that allows it to become more fully disengaged.

try a little test, with the bike running,but in neutral,back up an' see if the noise is there.
Try also, backing up in 1st, then , backing up in 5th or 6th,see if the noise happens less. Also try increasing the engines rpm,see if the noise coincides,with engine speed.

give that a try.... RSD.

I think he's got a squirrel trapped in there....
wow.gif

ha ha ha.... good 1.

they come....   they go....
Thanks for the info. I will give that a try this weekend.
Sorry for the no reply. I was out of town end of last week.
no sweat man...   I'm just an' impatient...
No problem.

hey I was wondering... How are you guys placing the characters at the ends of your sentences?

I don't see these to click on to insert above.

Alo what part of the states are you from? I'm on the Arkansas and Oklahoma boarder.

Thanks,
Nate

No problem.

hey I was wondering... How are you guys placing the characters at the ends of your sentences?

Alo what part of the states are you from? I'm on the Arkansas and Oklahoma boarder.

Thanks,
Nate
dont do it Nate... dont become one of those smard azz's who tags something on to the end of every sentence... it eats up bandwidth an' pisses off the site police.

who said we were from the states...?

we are rogue CANADIANS...

could it be you break pads that are making that noise

maybe not
No it's definatly coming from the clutch housing.
I'm going to change the oil also even though it's not due since it's a wet clutch maybe it got moisture in it over the winter.

Thanks for the troubleshoot suggestion though.

Take care and Keep the shiny side up.

Thanks,
Nate

No problem.

Thanks,
Nate
dont do it Nate...  dont become one of those smard azz's who tags something on to the end of every sentence... it eats up bandwidth an' pisses off the site police.

who said we were from the states...?

we are rogue CANADIANS...
Canadians ! That's cool !
Been there just twice. You guys have the best view of Nigra Falls.
Hey I gotta tell ya this story you'll get a kick out of this..
We crossed the boarder into Canada a few years ago and when we returned they asked what we did while we where visiting and what we purchased... I said "Took a ride and picked up some COKE" ...
The guy freaked and said get over in the inspection line and brought out a German Shepard DRUG Sniffing dog. I laughed my ass off.
As you know the Coca-Cola cans are different than in the states.
The boarder patrol said that you would be suprised some drug runners "crack" and spill there guts about what they are moving.
Yea, I know stupid soviner but not much you can bring back on a bike...
------------------------
Hey, do you guys get in much riding weather up north? We visited in the summer and it was awesome weather. Never visited in the Fall or Winter.

Back