Riding Alone

I used to spend summers on Cape Breton Island/Nova Scotia when I was a youngin'. Have no idea where, but it was on a River? Beautiful country.

I ride alone and sometimes with groups. Mostly alone as I never know when I'm going to get time. I am pretty select in who I will ride with.

I ride alone mostly... because these young guys today are such ..%#@* squids I don't trust them with my life. I have 2 buddies and my Bro I ride with when we can manage to get our schedules together.(that all have 10+yrs and 50,000+ miles riding exp) I am open to meeting more peeps from the org in my area to ride with though.....I would like that.

I left work this morning, saluted a Black Busa going by the other way, "I LIT UP !!!!" because HE was saluting back. We pointed at each other becuase "WE KNEW" what the other guy was riding, and maybe why. I'm pretty social about the biker / comraderie thing, but riding, in general, I do alone simply because of reasons already stated. I don't trust a lot of folks beside me, John / Gofaster, and oRg members, no problem. Most sporty riders are the budget riders here in Vegas. Many can't afford the gear, let alone insurance. I can. I don't want to get to know anyone that isn't serious about the riding experience. I hate poser hangouts. I don't pose, I ride. "I'm with ya !!!"...
super.gif

As for the HD crowd. Love the machines, but why would I ride with a bunch of Volkswagon drivers if I'm driving a Lambourghini
rock.gif
?......

You may be riding alone, but you are not alone in your sentiment.

Damned middle age crisis riders are nothing but rolling road-blocks. As for the stunters, that's just a polite term for squids.

Alright, I do sometimes admire a skilled stunter for their abilities.
beerchug.gif

I rode about 400 miles today alone. We have a big bike run first Sunday of every month about 185 miles away. Most of the time 4 or 5 of my pals make the trip but everyone was busy or working today so I went alone. Had a great time and took some different roads home and I'm glad I did because I think I found one of the best roads in the midwest that I never would have found.
ThumbsUp.gif

Back