Riding Alone

kml

Donating Member
Registered
Out today to get a loaf of bread and put 300 klicks on the back roads of Cape Breton. Stopped at a coffee shop in town to get a creamn'sugar and the lot was full of cruisers. I was in and out in 15min. On the way back passed a gas station with a big lot and it was full of mohawked sportbikes. I could not stop. Obsessive compulsive riding disorder was in full control. And while I waved at everybody, I felt I didn't really have a lot in common with the aging boomers and their failed rebellion or the gen-Y worked booted stuntaz.

Oh well... Good thing I like riding alone.

cheers
ken

I'm in the same boat with you. We're in betweens. I don't like cruisers and they don't like me, and ever since I got the busa, it seems that sport bikes don't like me. I don't understand "stunting" or any of that, either.

I feel ya, man.

I feel ya, man.
Thanks!

beerchug.gif

cheers
ken

I would rather ride with friends, but only those that I trust, which is not very many. In fact, the only guys that I feel comfortable riding with are on this board. Wish I could ride with them more often.

I ride by myself sometimes, with the sport bike kids sometime, and I have a small group of friends I ride with sometimes. I just go whenever I get a chance with or without.
smile.gif

i ride alone alot the time, it`s hard to hook up with people to ride sometimes with everyone being so busy with family and jobs..sometimes you head out alone and find a new friend to ride with..
beerchug.gif

I'm very fortunate here. Have some good rides with a few locals here and then there is the privelage that I have to ride with Wag. Many times we make up our own group. Bummer you are not closer to here. I look for any excuse to ride.

--Nanwags

i ride alone most of the time...the older i get and the more people i see go down, the more cautious i get about who i ride with...pretty much everyone i ride with is from the .org except for my Dad
beerchug.gif

I like to go for a ride by myself some times, but most of the time the wife is on the back. I have a couple of friends that I ride with, when they are allowed to go for a ride.

Last year I rode out to BC alone and enjoyed the ride. There is a group I ride with that all started on metric bikes... and now most of them have Harleys now. I have had my busa going on 3 years and enjoying being the odd man out. Since when does being a biker have anything to do with conforming to society. We are the individuals of this world. We are the ones that every one wishes they could be. I proudly stand alone, I stand strong, I stand independent. It is not important what I ride but the fact that " I RIDE!"

I'm a loner. As soon as I see any group stop riding and start posturing at the Dunkin Donuts parking lot, I'm out.
There are very specific rules I abide by in pack riding and most people just don't know them.

i mostly ride alone. i'm kool with other types of motorcycle owners. but i'm in it for the ride, whether it's 5 minutes to the store or a day trip.

I mostly ride by myself or with my wife as a passenger (which still counts as by myself I guess).

Motorcycling is kind of a solitary experience for me, a bit like meditation sort of. I find it clears my mind, helps me think, etc.

I'm with ya Ken, I don't really fit in with any of those groups either.
smile.gif

I'm a loner.  As soon as I see any group stop riding and start posturing at the Dunkin Donuts parking lot, I'm out.
There are very specific rules I abide by in pack riding and most people just don't know them.
+1 i couldnt agree more.

Its been said, but im there too. I cant stand the young bike gathering thing. KML your better than me, i wouldnt have even waved at them anyway. I havent had the fortunate event of riding with anyone from the org but if i get the chance i would deff. do it. Busa's are an absolute stand alone bike.
rant.gif

90% of my riding is by myself only. I have 2 separate riding buddies.One always brings out the "racer" in me and the other one rides awful slow.Up here in Canada we have a huge event called"Friday the 13th in Port Dover".About 100.000 flock to this little town on Lake Erie just to hang out and party.Its only a 3 hour ride down there but it a heck of alotta fun.I live near Toronto and when we leave in the morning hours you see more and more bikes , the closer you get to Port Dover.It's a great feeling to be part of so many bikers.
If you google 'Friday the 13th Port Dover" you can read all about it.

Back