ride'em hard

IV. AMENDMENTS/COUNCIL SUBSTITUTE CHANGES

On March 13, 2008, the Committee on Infrastructure favorably reported the bill with a strike-all amendment,
and an amendment to the strike-all amendment.

The amendment creates a new s. 316.1926, F.S., which
provides that violations of s. 316.2085(2) or (3), F.S., regarding motorcycle operation, or violations of the speeding laws in s. 316.183(2), 316.187, and 316.189, F.S., in excess of 50 miles per hour over the limit, are moving violations punishable as provided in Chapter 318.

The amendment subsequently amends 318.14, F.S., to provided "tiered"￾ penalties for violations of the newly created s. 316.1926, F.S.

A first violation is subject to a fine of $1,000; a second violation is subject to a fine of $2,500 and a one-year suspension of the offender's driver's license; and a third violation is a third degree felony resulting in forfeiture of the vehicle and license suspension for ten years.

The amendment clarifies that both wheels must be on the ground at all times when operating a motorcycle, but it is not a violation if a wheel loses contact with the ground briefly as a result of the road's surface or other circumstance beyond the control of the operator.

The amendment to the strike-all amendment removes the phrase "horizontally to the ground"￾ in the statute requiring license tags to be permanently affixed to the motorcycle or moped.

I heard it just passed in commitee, It still has to pass the house and senate and then the Gov has to sign it to become law. It's got along way to go still. Let's hope they come to they're sences and give it the
thumb_down.gif

If you ask me that is the BIGGEST BS Law I have ever seen.  But what gets me even more are that LEO's are immune to this law.  I say what is good for the goose is good for the gander.  I see cops all the time abusing their rights that have been empowered to them.  I am not saying that all LEO's are like this because I do know a few that are down out right doing their jobs and I respect that but the ones that are not is BS. What is even worse is I am sure that more people wil run now because of this law which suxs because most high speed chase only lead to one thing death and not just the rider doing 30 over but also innocent families may wind up paying the price for such a BS law.
What do you mean LEO's will be immune to this? And what do you mean you see cops abusing their rights that have been empowered to them?

More laws! There is a need to tone the stooped stuff going on but! Another book law that can make your life hell if you are made an example of! They can't keep mother stabbers or father rapers locked up now! This will just make those who run do it with out A thought. 115MPH on 95 you are still being passed by some.
argue.gif

Revolution, hah. You guys crack me up.

Life would be far worse if we revolted. Who would run what??

Good. People who wanna go THAT fast on a public road, should have their bike shoved up their azz. It isn't a track out here. People like that ruin the scene for the rest of us, because now we can't even sneeze while riding without getting pulled over in a lot of areas.

Yup FL sucks ...I did a rolling burn out in an empty parking lot and got 900.00 in fines , 6 months loss of my DL and 6 months probation ... I got off easy because i had a clean record ....I no longer ride on the street ....Track only for me ...

Back