Ride to Paint Bank VA

mr8ball

Registered
We had a group ride today to a place called Paint Bank VA. This place it 30 to 40 miles from nowhere and is the only place to get gas. It was a great ride to get there very peaceful but slow. It was only 2 of our kind (:laugh: Busa's) the rest were HD Gold wings and 1 Can AM Spider. Its not much for parking and while we were eating some guy in a big truck pulling a trailer came in and knocked a HD Dresser over. I did not see it bey heard it. Not sure about the damage because the guy road it away. It was a 232 mile round trip and took about 9 hrs with stops of course. Hard to believe that a place this nice is so far out of the way and is so popular. They serve buffalo burgers but for me they were not that good. O well the ride was worth it anyway. The pics of the animals were all inside and I am sure you know they area stuffed. It was a great little store to see. You could rent the caboose for the night for $150.00. It had a Hot tub and all in it. Seems like a great place to go and just relax. Here are a few pic I took. Hope you enjoy

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

Awesome shots! Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Why are all those bison around your Hayabusa? Never mind... them are hogs. :laugh:

Thats place looks familiar... :laugh:,, Looks like a great time.. Glad it went without incident... well, almost:laugh:... Glad you had fun...:thumbsup:

Awesome shots! Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Why are all those bison around your Hayabusa? Never mind... them are hogs. :laugh:
It was a bison farm and on down the road it was a big herd of them. Some say you can pet them but with the electric fence there I did not want to try it :laugh:

Awesome! Never heard of that tiny town...I'll have to see how far away it is and perhaps make that trip one day :thumbsup:

Awesome! Never heard of that tiny town...I'll have to see how far away it is and perhaps make that trip one day :thumbsup:

You can either shoot up Covington side from I64 to 311 or come from the south side off I81 exit 140 and take 311 across Potts Mt. They do have some good food there (never had the Buffalo (that I know of :rofl:)) and the ride out is great as long as you don't take the route through WV because of the gravel. You want to hop off to the right I believe it might be route 18 into Covington.

Which way did you guys go?

I just thought about it, here's some more pictures. :thumbsup:

Click here >>> https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/128611-will-ride-food.html

You can either shoot up Covington side from I64 to 311 or come from the south side off I81 exit 140 and take 311 across Potts Mt. They do have some good food there (never had the Buffalo (that I know of :rofl:)) and the ride out is great as long as you don't take the route through WV because of the gravel. You want to hop off to the right I believe it might be route 18 into Covington.

Which way did you guys go?

I just thought about it, here's some more pictures. :thumbsup:

Click here >>> https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/128611-will-ride-food.html

We went down 220 and hit a bunch of back roads to get to 311 Turned right. We were 17 miles from Paint Bank going up Pots Mountain. I am not sure of the rout numbers but with the HD leading it was a SLOW ride :laugh: Its one of the deals where you think you will never get there. VaBUSA it would be a great ride for you. 40 bikes came in as we were leaving. The parking sucks and they said they were going to tell the owner they needed to do something. We got lucky and parked across the street away from the gas pumps. I am glad we did after that guy knocked that HD Dresser over. I would like to go back and see this Hanging Rock Raptor Observatory - Located in Monroe County, West Virginia monitors Hawk, Eagle, Falcon, Osprey Migration along the birds' eastern route. Count Data; Bird & Scenic Photos and Learning Section. Looks like it would be very nice to see all the animals.

Good pictures:) Love this little crossroads... It was my last stop (#82) on the Virginia Grand Tour a couple years ago. I always cruise through when I'm riding through the area.

Sounds like you all either took 42 from Fincastle to Newcastle or Old Blacksburg road across.

Bet Potts Mt was fun, even doing 35? :laugh:

Sorry i left early Doug but i was tired and the way they were going i was getting tireder (If thats a word lol) You know its a pretty slow ride when Tina (My wife) says can we just go on ahead :rofl: I had a great time all the same very nice way out there and hope i didn't offend anyone by going ahead. Thanks again for the invite.
P.S. You didn't get any good shots of our Busa's :whistle:

Everyone understood Mark. After we left that store we were at we started to separate. The guy with the spider lost all power going down 460. We were running 50 or so and it just quit. He pulled off the road with the two Gold Wings and get it going again but we had stopped off an exit and they missed us. We never seen them again until I got home. Then we got to Dixie Caverns and got on 81 and it was so many trucks I just could not ride as slow as they wanted to ride out there so I took the lead hoping they would follow.(A little faster:laugh:) that didn't happen. Around the Roanoke exit everyone got hung up between all the trucks and some got off the exit and some didn't. I knew then it was time for me to come on home. Sorry no shots of our bikes maybe next time.

Sounds like you all either took 42 from Fincastle to Newcastle or Old Blacksburg road across.

Bet Potts Mt was fun, even doing 35? :laugh:

That 42 sounds right. Yes, around Pots Mt was fun. 06+5 and I just backed off and let them go ahead to play a little but its did not take long to catch up with the two leaders. Great trip over all and I do plan to go back

Back