Rev's Planning for the off Season....

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
OK, This was a search that started about a year ago.  Tired of watching DVDs in that itty bitty Letterbox and having patiently waited for the right technology I finally ponied up the bones for a new Bigscreen TV  A 50" Samsung DLP to be precise.  All I have to say is Hell YEAH!!!   50" Screen, DVI Input, all manner of high tech gubbins...  Amazing picture, no burn in, no streeeatched standard TV, no 5 year lossy performance like Plasma, and I can play video games to my hearts content...  Excellent stuff.

And Man...isn't high Definition some pretty stuff.  Only problem is that it makes all the Non-HD channels hard to watch...

Anyhoo, Just thought I would share if anyone else is thinking about going big.  Samsung is good stuff.  50" screen, 17.5"s deep, weighs 77 LBS..  Yep, 77LBS.  The little wife and I carried it into the house and set it on it's rack no sweat...  Pretty damn cool, no monster cabinet hogging up the room so it can fit just about anywhere.  I give it two thumbs up!

Samsung DLP LCD 50" TV

Next up, the DVD player with the DVI output...Review--->  Samsung DVI DVD Player pure digital creaminess...100% Emu free...  Samsung DVD-HD931

Be sure your next bigscreen has DVI inputs...  Supposed to make a real difference.

Oh and as packaged the 50" Samsung just barely fits into the back of a Nissan X-terra...  Plan ahead...
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086184300 -->

Stinky Rotten tough guy! Best part? It was the wife's Idea to go ahead and get it done... That left me sorta confused...
wow.gif
rock.gif

Yeah, I need to talk to her about how spoiled you are then...send me her email addy...
tounge.gif
I've got some things to tell her...
biggrin.gif

I want me one. But wright know I can't.
sad.gif

Most likely in a year or 2.

Must be nice to be rich Rev.
Cool though bro.....we're all comin ta your place for the games!!
You better have lots a beer!!

Must be nice to be rich Rev.
Cool though bro.....we're all comin ta your place for the games!!
You better have lots a beer!!
Whoa Now, I'm not rich at all... I just happen to have a clever Wench that makes more money than I do... Combine that with no kids, done deal...

Arey, Bonus is give this technology another year or so and the price will be plummeting... Its a certainty, technology always does this. Look at what VCRs/DVD players/ regular Big screens used to cost. In fact given another year there will prolly be something better. Also This thing comes in a 43" model which is what I was actually after, that is about $600 less, if you can find one.

Glad someone else is bringing the beer, I don't have any but I got plenty plenty of Rum, Scotch, Crown Royal, Some Gin, and a nice library of Vodkas... Lemme know so I can clean house, and dust off the pool Table...

Rev

You got it good, Rev! I only hope I can be so lucky when/if I get married!

I am certainly fortunate, and I will do no complaining... One thing I can say though, is find a smart woman, treat her well, support her in her decisions and do what you can to ensure the dual career viability of your relationship. The biggest key is the smart, mentally tough, educated woman. Makes life much easier. If it's what makes you happy that is.

If you do not like your wife traveling out of town once in awhile, if your not comfortable with your wife whooping your ass when it comes to salary (Not as easy to deal with as you might think...), if an independent woman makes you uncomfortable, if you can deal with your woman not "needing youâ€￾ to survive or if your after a big family and lots of pets and kids then a different path and different choices are what will make you happy.

You gotta be happy. If it makes you a lot of money and you love what you do then go for it. I have seen a lot of miserable folks making tons of money though and I have met plenty of folks not making much money at all, working jobs they love, that are very happy... So do what makes you happy, everything else will come. New Cars, a Rolex, a powerful position, social status, and a big house do NOT, and will not make you happy, let alone a freakin Big Ass TV… Happiness comes from the inside and that is what will make your world fun and rich in rewards.

Besides, for real happiness all a soul needs is a Busa...
biggrin.gif

As for the when and if to get Married? I fyou have ANY freaking major issues during the first couple years of dating/courting forget it, your wasting your time. You'll find that one woman, and it'll hit you, you will both find yourselves just completely wrapped up in the other, you won't sweat it when you ask her to marry you, you'll just click and the rest is history...

Wait wait Sorry Sorry I'm going off on a HUGE tangent.... My bad... Nothing sillier than Jacking my own thread...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

One last thought though, luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (It's Canned I know) But it really is that simple, you make your own luck in this world, if you put your mind to it there is nothing you cannot accomplish. Hard work, education, smart decisions and the ability to step willingly and forcefully into the unknown. This is your luck, a lot of Faith in whatever you believe in helps as well...

Ok Ok Luck does sometimes appear when riding... I'll give you that...
wink.gif

laugh.gif

Did someone say "POOL?
rock.gif
"  And now I must warm up the cue...
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
Yes sir I did, Don't bother bringing your "A" game though, I am still pretty damned sorry...  I'm working on it though...  I play golf like I play pool.  Pretty damned badly but I have fun doing it...
smile.gif

Give me something with a motor on it, and I am your Man, otherwise...  Well you know, you gotta play to your strengths right?  
laugh.gif

I am certainly fortunate, and I will do no complaining...  One thing I can say though, is find a smart woman, treat her well, support her in her decisions and do what you can to ensure the dual career viability of your relationship.  The biggest key is the smart, mentally tough, educated woman.  Makes life much easier. If it's what makes you happy that is.

If you do not like your wife traveling out of town once in awhile, if your not comfortable with your wife whooping your ass when it comes to salary (Not as easy to deal with as you might think...), if an independent woman makes you uncomfortable, if you can deal with your woman not "needing you†to survive or if your after a big family and lots of pets and kids then a different path and different choices are what will make you happy.

You gotta be happy.  If it makes you a lot of money and you love what you do then go for it.  I have seen a lot of miserable folks making tons of money though and I have met plenty of folks not making much money at all, working jobs they love, that are very happy...  So do what makes you happy, everything else will come.  New Cars, a Rolex, a powerful position, social status, and a big house do NOT, and will not make you happy, let alone a freakin Big Ass TV… Happiness comes from the inside and that is what will make your world fun and rich in rewards.  

Besides, for real happiness all a soul needs is a Busa...  
biggrin.gif

As for the when and if to get Married?  I fyou have ANY freaking major issues during the first couple years of dating/courting forget it, your wasting your time.  You'll find that one woman, and it'll hit you, you will both find yourselves just completely wrapped up in the other, you won't sweat it when you ask her to marry you, you'll just click and the rest is history...

Wait wait Sorry Sorry I'm going off on a HUGE tangent....  My bad...  Nothing sillier than Jacking my own thread...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

One last thought though, luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (It's Canned I know) But it really is that simple, you make your own luck in this world, if you put your mind to it there is nothing you cannot accomplish.  Hard work, education, smart decisions and the ability to step willingly and forcefully into the unknown.  This is your luck, a lot of Faith in whatever you believe in helps as well...

Ok Ok Luck does sometimes appear when riding...  I'll give you that...
wink.gif
Wow! Is this what happens when you get off the nicotine?
biggrin.gif
I agree with you though you have to find what makes you happy. When you do everything will be great. When you don't everything just sucks or is tempest at best. I would also say don't go looking because you probably won't find it. It can hit you at the strangest times! I'm not going to jinx myself and tell you when it happened to me!

Now, on with the technology part of the thread!

laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

Oh, cool!  There's going to be a party?!  
biggrin.gif
Only if yer there Michelle.....if not, it'll just be a gathering at Rev's
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

beerchug.gif
Invite them and they shall come...sounds like a good road trip for me on Caesar...
biggrin.gif
I'm with ya Michelle ... let's roll down there and crash the party! Hey Rev are you sandbagging on the pool thing? Didn't somebody on this board say you were a shark? Gotta find that post
smile.gif
... and what off season ... I know you ride year round in Tampa man !! Anyway congrats on the new entertainment system ... ain't technology grand!?

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

hehehe....if I leave right now, I can be there by the end of the weekend....what is it....bout 5000 miles to Rev's from here.......that's alot of riding!!

Back