Replacement bolts and rivits

it states the bolts are powder coated,I already painted some of the oem's with black spray paint but the powder coated was what I was looking for.If I get them and they are junk,I will post as much.like I said,it was only $50,I spend more a day on food. not really a big deal bro,not sure why you are getting so defensive about it.

What are the colored screws colored with?

The colored screws are color coated with a baked on powder coat enamel that is cured at temperatures ranging from 400°F to 450°F. The coating is extremely resistant to chipping, scratching, or peeling. Only the head of the screws are powder coated to prevent build-up in the thread grooves. The type of powder coat used is known in the industry as a TGIC or (triglycidyl isocyanurate) powder. This powder is commonly used on wheels (automotive & motorcycle), motorcycle frames, and aluminum extrusions. This coating is not indestructible but is far superior to paint and anodizing.

The Chrome is actually a polished stainless steel finish. By polishing the stainless steel screw head to a mirror finish, the finish of the polished stainless steel exceeds the chrome plating shine and includes the superior corrosion resistance of stainless steel.

Top of Page

Are these screws the same as my O.E. screws?

These kits are designed as aftermarket replacements for the original equipment. The hardware is not designed to match the original equipment provided by the manufacture. The objective in each bolt kit design is to achieve an easy to install, easy to maintain kit that provides a factory, professional look.

Top of Page

Are there any weight advantages with these kits?

Like aircraft, weight and performance go hand in hand with sportbikes. The hardware sold in these kits are standard components that typically utilize less material to do the same job and therefore equals less weight. Many sportbike manufactures use specially designed hardware to fasten fairings and bodywork. BIKEBOLTS.COM utilizes standard type fasteners combined with specially designed washers. For many models, this hardware combination adds up to less weight.

KEY NOTE: The weight savings of any aftermarket fairing screw kit is very minor, if any. So minor in fact that the difference of whether you ate a big dinner or are wearing your boots vs. your gym shoes is likely to have a much larger impact. Trying to save weight on your bike by changing the fairing bolts is like trying to lose weight by getting a hair cut.

Top of Page

What can I do if my bike isn’t listed?

New bikes are being added all the time. If your bike isn’t listed, make a request for it. If there are requests for a particular model, priority will be made for making the kit available.

Top of Page

What kinds of screws are used in these kits?

Button head stainless steel screws are used throughout these kits. They are all made of 18-8 stainless steel and have a higher resistance to yield than the regular factory steel screws.

Top of Page

What kinds of washers are used in these kits?

There are two kinds of washers used in these kits, stainless steel and nylon. Each washer has its specific application and reason for its use. The nylon washers are typically used whenever the stainless screw makes direct contact with the fairing. The nylon acts as a cushion to help lower the compression forces exerted into the plastic fairing.

Top of Page

What kinds of nuts are used in these kits?

There are three kinds of nuts used in these kits: well nuts, speed nuts and weld nuts. A well nut is identifiable by its all rubber construction molded around a brass insert. The well nuts have been widely used by most sportbike manufactures for past 10 years. Well nuts are typically found holding on windscreens, but manufactures such as Kawasaki frequently used these nuts throughout the entire bike. The speed nuts (often referred to as U-clip nuts) are mostly used to replace the factory speed nuts. However, on many fairings the speed nuts can’t be used in place of the originals and therefore a weld nut is used. A weld nut has a flat flange in which double sided tape is added. These nuts are very easy to use and quick to install. In most cases, a "weld nut" can be used in place of a "well nut". Weld nuts typically cost 1/4th of the cost of a well nut.

(suzuki4life @ Jan. 30 2007,07:03)
(DEVLDOG @ Jan. 30 2007,05:58)
(suzuki4life @ Jan. 30 2007,03:57)
(DEVLDOG @ Jan. 29 2007,11:09) http://www.bikebolts.com/

got a complete set in black for $50.....sweet!! plastic push rivits and all

they have other colors too if so desired,red,white,chrome,yellow,blue...etc
absolute garbage...

non fitting bolts with a ton of little crappy spacers to deal with.
and you know this how??

did you buy them or making an assumption

do tell?
I buy or am given new products all of the time to test of stuff in our shops here.

Tastynuts (also absolute junk) was the precessor to this garbage. They  are button head bolt with spacers....not the machined screws that Suzuki makes.
What's with all the hating?
AAAssjani.gif
Never thought I would see this here. That is why I left the "other" .org site.

Good find DEVLDOG. I bought a set yesterday. Like you said, $50 is nothing.

suzuki4life, If I get them and they are junk, then send me your address so I can send them to you.
laugh.gif

(DEVLDOG @ Jan. 30 2007,08:15) it states the bolts are powder coated,I already painted some of the oem's with black spray paint but the powder coated was what I was looking for.If I get them and they are junk,I will post as much.like I said,it was only $50,I spend more a day on food. not really a big deal bro,not sure why you are getting so defensive about it.
trying to save ya cash. I could care less in all honesty...I thought you wanted input.

(DEVLDOG @ Jan. 30 2007,08:19) What are the colored screws colored with?

The colored screws are color coated with a baked on powder coat enamel that is cured at temperatures ranging from 400°F to 450°F.  The coating is extremely resistant to chipping, scratching, or peeling.  Only the head of the screws are powder coated to prevent build-up in the thread grooves.  The type of powder coat used is known in the industry as a TGIC or (triglycidyl isocyanurate) powder.  This powder is commonly used on wheels (automotive & motorcycle), motorcycle frames, and aluminum extrusions.  This coating is not indestructible but is far superior to paint and anodizing.

The Chrome is actually a polished stainless steel finish.  By polishing the stainless steel screw head to a mirror finish, the finish of the polished stainless steel exceeds the chrome plating shine and includes the superior corrosion resistance of stainless steel.

Top of Page

Are these screws the same as my O.E. screws?

These kits are designed as aftermarket replacements for the original equipment.  The hardware is not designed to match the original equipment provided by the manufacture.  The objective in each bolt kit design is to achieve an easy to install, easy to maintain kit that provides a factory, professional look.

Top of Page

Are there any weight advantages with these kits?

Like aircraft, weight and performance go hand in hand with sportbikes.  The hardware sold in these kits are standard components that typically utilize less material to do the same job and therefore equals less weight.  Many sportbike manufactures use specially designed hardware to fasten fairings and bodywork.  BIKEBOLTS.COM utilizes standard type fasteners combined with specially designed washers.  For many models, this hardware combination adds up to less weight.

KEY NOTE:  The weight savings of any aftermarket fairing screw kit is very minor, if any.  So minor in fact that the difference of whether you ate a big dinner or are wearing your boots vs. your gym shoes is likely to have a much larger impact.  Trying to save weight on your bike by changing the fairing bolts is like trying to lose weight by getting a hair cut.

Top of Page

What can I do if my bike isn’t listed?

New bikes are being added all the time.  If your bike isn’t listed, make a request for it.  If there are requests for a particular model, priority will be made for making the kit available.

Top of Page

What kinds of screws are used in these kits?

Button head stainless steel screws are used throughout these kits.  They are all made of 18-8 stainless steel and have a higher resistance to yield than the regular factory steel screws.

Top of Page

What kinds of washers are used in these kits?

There are two kinds of washers used in these kits, stainless steel and nylon.  Each washer has its specific application and reason for its use.  The nylon washers are typically used whenever the stainless screw makes direct contact with the fairing.  The nylon acts as a cushion to help lower the compression forces exerted into the plastic fairing.

Top of Page

What kinds of nuts are used in these kits?

There are three kinds of nuts used in these kits: well nuts, speed nuts and weld nuts.  A well nut is identifiable by its all rubber construction molded around a brass insert.  The well nuts have been widely used by most sportbike manufactures for past 10 years.  Well nuts are typically found holding on windscreens, but manufactures such as Kawasaki frequently used these nuts throughout the entire bike.  The speed nuts (often referred to as U-clip nuts) are mostly used to replace the factory speed nuts.  However, on many fairings the speed nuts can’t be used in place of the originals and therefore a weld nut is used.  A weld nut has a flat flange in which double sided tape is added.  These nuts are very easy to use and quick to install.  In most cases, a "weld nut" can be used in place of a "well nut".  Weld nuts typically cost 1/4th of the cost of a well nut.
go powdercoat something and do the heads only...look for build up in the allen recesses and since you're doign the heads only you now have a break point line. Once powder coat chips...no repairing it...you sand it off and do it again.

As for someone polishing a part and calling it chrome....that's totally sad. But in their defense, I am glad they spell it all out so they have a full disclaimer if you get something you don't like.

(ToyKraz @ Jan. 30 2007,08:30)
(suzuki4life @ Jan. 30 2007,07:03)
(DEVLDOG @ Jan. 30 2007,05:58)
(suzuki4life @ Jan. 30 2007,03:57)
(DEVLDOG @ Jan. 29 2007,11:09) http://www.bikebolts.com/

got a complete set in black for $50.....sweet!! plastic push rivits and all

they have other colors too if so desired,red,white,chrome,yellow,blue...etc
absolute garbage...

non fitting bolts with a ton of little crappy spacers to deal with.
and you know this how??

did you buy them or making an assumption

do tell?
I buy or am given new products all of the time to test of stuff in our shops here.

Tastynuts (also absolute junk) was the precessor to this garbage. They  are button head bolt with spacers....not the machined screws that Suzuki makes.
What's with all the hating?  
AAAssjani.gif
 Never thought I would see this here. That is why I left the "other" .org site.

Good find DEVLDOG. I bought a set yesterday. Like you said, $50 is nothing.

suzuki4life, If I get them and they are junk, then send me your address so I can send them to you.
laugh.gif
What's with the crying? I never thought I'd see that here either...

I am sharing facts. Trying to save you cash other peopel have spent. Gawd forbid someone try to help someone.

Tastynuts (also absolute junk) was the precessor to this garbage. They are button head bolt with spacers....not the machined screws that Suzuki makes.
[/Quote]
not trying to harp on ya here,but the OEM aint nothing to talk about either....
They strip out all the time,specially the virgin ones........

(suzuki4life @ Jan. 30 2007,09:14)
(Gunnybusa @ Jan. 30 2007,08:13)
(suzuki4life @ Jan. 30 2007,08:10)
(Gunnybusa @ Jan. 30 2007,08:01) suzuki4life how much for the oem?
I think i figured it out before...$65 ish I think.
What is included at that price?
should cover all fasteners....go to your local dealer or look them up at Ron Ayers.....I'm not a vendor here sorry
Thank you!

(brendanp @ Jan. 30 2007,09:flamethrowing:) Tastynuts (also absolute junk) was the precessor to this garbage. They  are button head bolt with spacers....not the machined screws that Suzuki makes.
not trying to harp on ya here,but the OEM aint nothing to talk about either....
They strip out all the time,specially the virgin ones........[/Quote]
parted 67 busas

never had a single stripped one...

so no clue what to tell ya.

TMH moaned I made my body fairing fasteners too tight...never had a messed up head or a stripped bolt...

once again...no clue nor problems here with them.

My 1st Busa stripped out tail section bolt just above the rear brake lever..

Suzuki OEM 12.00 freakin' dollars

2nd Busa stripped out tail section bolt just above gear shifter..

Free from BaBusa
bowdown.gif

All the OEM fasteners for 65 dollars, I say someone gets a good discount..
beerchug.gif

S4L...you must have a golden touch to never have stripped out one of those cheap screws....
If you need cheap OEM bolts...contact andymann66 on this board...
tell 'em brendan sent ya!
wink.gif

I did however, take the stock ones and a can of gloss black paint and paint the old ones so I had two sets of black. On the big bolts (like the center) I used the painted black stock ones but really found no problems with the kit.
LOOKS GREAT,THANKS FOR THE INPUT

Last edited by a moderator:
(Pops Roos @ Jan. 30 2007,14:15) My 1st Busa stripped out tail section bolt just above the rear brake lever..

Suzuki OEM 12.00 freakin' dollars

2nd Busa stripped out tail section bolt just above gear shifter..

Free from BaBusa
bowdown.gif

All the OEM fasteners for 65 dollars, I say someone gets a good discount..  
beerchug.gif
ron ayers.com

3 pieces at windshield

09139-05025
Description SCREW 5X14
Price $0.76

Part Number: 08322-01053
Description WASHER
Price $0.84

Part Number: 09159-05019
Description NUT
Price $3.47

small body bolt

09139-05054
Description SCREW,M5X16
Price $1.97

clips

Part Number: 94484-24F00
Description NUT,COWL
Price $1.89

Large body bolt

09139-06087
Description SCREW,M6X20
Price $2.22

Plastic push pins large

09409-07332
Description CLIP
Price $1.15

Plastic push pins small 5 pack

09409-06314-5PK
Description CLIP(BLACK)
Price $1.26

no $12 bolt listed.....I think you got robbed.

Back