Removing the packing and baffle

What's the up's and downs of removing the baffle and packing out of a can with a metal sleeve. I did it with my 90 gsxr 750 and my 90 7/11(i loved the sound and it felt like it pulled better) I plan on doing it for my 2000 busa next year too. I just never knew if it actually really makes a differance. So if anyone knows how it helps(if it does) please let me know!

Thanks in advance, Maniac

maniac, it's going to depend on wath other setups you've got... as a rule of thumb, what improvements you'll see are going to be on the top end.....frank

I will most likely go with a full system remapping a K&N filter for starters. Then a little while after that(maybe later in the season or the season after) I want to with a big bore(1365), headwork and maybe stage one cams. I just want to know what the results are with taking out the guts of the can . Are the results in favour? (I don't care about sound, the louder the better for me)

If you will pull all of that packing out of a yosh can you`ll save probably two pounds...and it doesn`t sound like a 600 any more. They sound great without the packing...as to horsepower...ever seen anyone in prostock running a baffle? The more restrictive they are the more power you loose. Thats one reason the 4 into 2 pipe appears to make more HP.

I agree with Frank Adams. A bit more up top. To see a decent increase, you need a pipe, commander, high flow air filter. Mike Millard sent me the Akrapovic dnyo image. Looked decent. He has a post, just give him your e-mail address, he'll send it along.
Later,
Nailz

Back