Removed Secondary Butteryflys

If removing the secondary butterflies is bad where the posts that state I just fried my motor? You wold think someone would have done it by now.

If you are still using the O2 sensor that came with the bike there ECU will adjust the AFR to keep everything from leaning out. I have removed the cat, jet coated the headers, installed slip-ons, replaced the filter with a different brand, and the ECU still manages to keep the bike in the same AFR range that it used the first time it was dynoed.

The only risk to removing them is breaking traction exiting a corner easier. If you road race I wouldn't advise it. For drag racing it might even make launching more difficult.

If the OP likes let him enjoy it.

Doubtful gonna fry a motor, there are a ton of things you can do to your bike that will hinder performance and rideability without frying a motor.

If you are still using the O2 sensor that came with the bike there ECU will adjust the AFR to keep everything from leaning out. I have removed the cat, jet coated the headers, installed slip-ons, replaced the filter with a different brand, and the ECU still manages to keep the bike in the same AFR range that it used the first time it was dynoed.

The only risk to removing them is breaking traction exiting a corner easier. If you road race I wouldn't advise it. For drag racing it might even make launching more difficult.

If the OP likes let him enjoy it.

the narrowband O2 sensor has a very limited range in which it is allowd to alter fueling, all at low rpm low throttle. At heavy throttle, upper rpms stuff its not doing anything

What we need is one of the site sponsors to dyno a bike, then pull the secondaries without altering fueling and see what the A/F ratio and the HP #'s look like as well as the power band across the board. Then there would be concrete evidence as to whether or not they affect the bike's output.:rulez:

even if you didnt do a dyno shootout, you could run it at the track in and out and see what happens

even if you didnt do a dyno shootout, you could run it at the track in and out and see what happens

It could go either way untuned. The extra power is noticeably there at lower rpms(hence the front lifts much easier, but would obviously make harder to launch) although it may fall off higher up and hurt your time. I do think that with a dyno tune with the secondaries out, you may make a few extra hp. Although I think et's and speed would only vary slightly if any. As I said, a wheelie mod:thumbsup: It would be cool to see some drag racers try it out for us, un tuned and tuned if possible.

I took the primaries off my Gen 1 and it approaches hyperspace speeds now! :laugh:

Seriously, do the Gen1s have them? I didn't think they did, but it's been quite a while since I've had one apart. I know several other FI liter bikes do though.

Seriously, do the Gen1s have them? I didn't think they did, but it's been quite a while since I've had one apart. I know several other FI liter bikes do though.

He said primaries = he's kidding. And no the Gen 1 bikes do not have secondary TB's only primaries. The secondaries on the Gen2 are used to reduce power out put in B and C mode. It is kinda like a form of traction control.

He said primaries = he's kidding. And no the Gen 1 bikes do not have secondary TB's only primaries. The secondaries on the Gen2 are used to reduce power out put in B and C mode. It is kinda like a form of traction control.

Thats what I thought, But again, It's been awhile.

I just noticed the "primaries":laugh: my mind is elsewhere, yeah, it'd run great without those:laugh:

Back