Removal tool

Chromed-n-Stretched

Donating Member
Registered
Any one know where or how much a decent front axle removal tool, if i even need one, cost? And how difficultis it to remove the front and real axles? How many pieces will fall out of either front or rear?
race.gif

It's an easy removal. Just follow your owners manual. For the tool you can purchase one from Snap-on for about $27.50 or you can get a 5/8 bolt and 2 nuts from Lowes for $2.25. Just put the two nuts on the bolt so they lock together, and voila! You have a perfect removal tool.

Good luck!

Dan
brave.gif

Thanks! ill give it a shot. actually i dont have an owners manual. bought the bike used and always had the work done at my local shop. i guess i can just go buy one though.

(Chromed-n-Stretched @ Apr. 03 2007,23:35)  And how difficultis it to remove the front and real axles?  How many pieces will fall out of either front or rear?
race.gif
What kind of stand are you using?
If your using Pitbulls, front and rear will be east as pie. Nothing will fall out really, just keep track of your nuts/bolts. Make sure you regrease the axels and use a new cotter pin for the rear.

Dan

You don't have to remove the front fender, just remove the two screws on either side and lift up. The tire will roll right out.

Have fun!

Dan

(Gunnybusa @ Apr. 04 2007,00:10) I use this. It's $27.
Yeah, that's the one I meant!

I don't know why I thought $45
all_coholic.gif
Anyway, I edited my above post to be accurate.

Thanks Gunny!

Dan

Thanks i just ordered it. Hey UR IT is the chain case they are referring to the chain guard? i think that is what it looks like in the pic.

I made an axle removal tool. It's nice to have access to hexagonal cold steel stock and a waterjet.

beerchug.gif

I know that Redline has a univesal one on the site, I haven't seen it up close or anything, but the pictures look like quality. It's like 30 bucks.

Home Depot
5/8 interior thread size coupling
part # 2627
under a buck
IMG_0210Small.jpg

works perfect

cheers
ken

Back