remote starter

chev982

Registered
Hello just wondering if anyone has purchased a remote car starter. Any ideas on what is good make?
thanks

astroflex, compustar, viper        I am a installer been doing remote starts for 8 years just have it put in by a good shop and there shouldnt be a problem(astroflex is made in canada)

I wanted to put one on my deisel truck, but it seems like alot of trouble for a deisel because of the glow plugs taking more time to get hot in the winter than the summer. Seems like you would have to change the start delay or something.

they actually hook in to the wait to start light I do tons of deisels farmers love them just did an 07 chevy duramax today dont even have a delayed start any more
super.gif

Yeah I have a remote starter. He is 12. He works in hot weather or cold weather. I don't have to replace his battery and I don't have to carry him around on my key ring.

The down side. He has an attitude 12 going 25 if ya know what I mean.

Don
super.gif

I paid to have one put on the wifes truck.

Works well, and is a great way to warm it up, and keep her safe.

I believe its a DEI 561R.

From what I hear they are all the same if you have a good installer.

I put one in my '05 E250 service van last year and wouldn't want to be without it. I convinced the company I needed an alarm system and they agreed to reimbursed me so I found one with all the bells and whistles.

I picked one up off ebay that is very similar to the one on my Busa. It's a paging alarm system that alerts the key fob up to a 1/2 mile away if someone sets it off, has remote power door lock features (also included the 4 motorized power actuaters) and has remote start.
The cost with shipping was something like $132.00. It took me a while to install it but it was worth every minute of cramped torture under the dash.

It has so many programmable features it's mind boggling. You can set it up for a diesel car, manual trans car ect. and if you have a turbo car, there's a turbo timer feature that will keep the car running for XX amount of minutes after you leave it for spin/cool down time.

Shock sensor works great with no false alarms. The van has one of those smart dome light systems on a timer and the alarm is even programmable to wait XX amount of seconds for them to turn off before arming.

Best part is it came with wiring instructions for my exact year van and the dude selling the system answers any tech questions you have within hours!

Here's his auctions:
link

(heavybusa @ Oct. 31 2006,16:20) I paid to have one put on the wifes truck.

Works well, and is a great way to warm it up, and keep her safe.

I believe its a DEI 561R.

From what I hear they are all the same if you have a good installer.
viper is a dei product but the brands that are sold at walmart and other bargain stores are junk dont care how good of an insaller you are(
guns.gif
bulldog )

I've had my Python (the better one HF, don't know the model) for about 5 years and have had it in my last 4 vehicles, it has a lifetime warranty if I have the dealer uninstall/reinstall it (much cheaper than buying a new one every time). I love the thing, preheated in the winter, cool in the summer, with the heat set on high it will unfreeze frozen doors. I leave the truck on while running in the store or for coffee, saves on the starter...

I'd be bummed without it.

Get it done by a real shop and skip the crap you buy at Wallys or Target... Should be $300 to $500 depending on vehicle and options, pass key, door locks, etc.

Hey Spkerhed,
You gonna be in North Carolina any time soon? LOL!! I would love to have one on my deisel. Around here, they say it doesn't work well.

i have a powerstroke w/ remote start. not sure of manufacturer, but its a ford product. it has a delay built in. can be set for 15 or 30 seconds, i have it set for 30 second delay.

it was ~$300 from stealership

(usn04limited @ Oct. 31 2006,17:47) Yeah I have a remote starter.  He is 12.  He works in hot weather or cold weather.  I don't have to replace his battery and I don't have to carry him around on my key ring.

The down side.  He has an attitude 12 going 25 if ya know what I mean.

Don
super.gif
laugh.gif

(gat0r @ Nov. 01 2006,13:22) i have a powerstroke w/ remote start.  not sure of manufacturer, but its a ford product.  it has a delay built in.  can be set for 15 or 30 seconds, i have it set for 30 second delay.

it was ~$300 from stealership
I think they have dei making that for them but most of the dealerships arent very good at putting them in I have had to pull a few and install one of mine at there expense of course they will do what it takes to make the ccostomer happy

Back