Regional Dealer Prices VARY!

HayaVegas

Donating Member
Registered
Hi guys. I am in Las Vegas.

I just decided today to go for a brand new hayabusa. I am a recovering KWAK addict, as I have owned Kawasaki ZR7, ZX11, and a 2004 ZX12r...

The 11 and the 12, I just sold, and now I want to crossover and get a nice hayabusa. (Which I never had before, so I am excited).

My dilemma is this: I have been all over Vegas and it appears that a brand new 2005 Hayabusa is going to go for MSRP of $10,999 plus tax of $800, which is $11,800. Then Vegas dealers want Doc and title which totals $328. Freight and Prep is a total of about $600 more. So $13,000 OTD.

I tell them I got cash, and they say...doesnt matter. So even if they blew of the title and doc and freight and prep, its still $11,800.

Fine with me.

UNTIL.

I read on the forums, all the guys that laugh at people because they say their dealers are selling 05 hayabusa's for $9200 OTD.

That means the dealer is chargin about $8500 for a current model year plus tax. Even a 2004 USED in the Kelley Blue Book is about $8700.

IS this possible??

Or is it Bullshit that people are making up?

I would really like to know. Is there anyone here that lives near a dealer that can afford to sell current model year bikes in the first quarter for near cost? No charge for anything like doc, title, freight, and prep?

Or are people mistaking OTD to mean the list price before all the other costs?

I know there is a guy here that just moved to Pahrump Nevada...I would like to know his opinion on where to get a new busa here in vegas.

<!--EDIT|KawiZixxer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113449402 -->

In our current CycleTrader up here in Oregon I think I recall seeing one in Medford for $9999. They'll probably try to charge you F&S, but hardline them and negotiate it out.

Steve

HondaEastToldeo.com

They sell Hayabusa's year round for under $10k. They are asking $9,400 for a NON-LE and $9,900 for a LE!

They will ship anywhere so depending on how you want to receive it is up to you. It will be $600 or less shipped to your door. Or you can fly up to Ohio, $100-150 and ride it back for maybe $150-300 in gas.
wink.gif

That is everything included but your LOCAL tax, title, license fees. That is up to your state but should be under $700.

So you are looking at $10,700 with everything included shipped to your door, ready to ride. Or about $10,300 and a nice ride home!
wink.gif

$13,000 OTD IS A JOKE! Once you get your new bike, ride down and show them the bill of sale and tell them to get a clue!
laugh.gif

wink.gif

Oh do I feel your pain... I bought my '02 from a stealer in Las Vegas three years ago and they were pulling the same shite then. I went in after work on the last day of the month and still only got them down to $10K BEFORE all the other fees/taxes. Needless to say I bought it anyway...

Welcome to the board
biggrin.gif

...13k for the busa in the US of A
wow.gif
Man thats steep! Maybe you should consider buying it from another state, and drive it down to Vegas. That way you will save some money... and also get your bike run in
wink.gif

aww shucks...that ain't none too bad. Over here, a brand-new Busa will run ya around the neighborhood of $13,600...on top of that, ya gotta pay the registration fees, which usually comes out to another 2-300 bucks.

So all in all, it's almost $14K to get a brand new one out here....and there's only one stealership. Buncha fuggin rip-offs....

Welcome to the board. Definitely don't pay $13,000 OTD for a Busa. Can find much better deals elsewhere. Hope all works out.
smile.gif

Keep shopping you can beat that by far I bought one for 9330 OTD in maryland at Deep Creek Marina/Suzuki drove from lubbock tx to pick it up saved over 2000 bucks compared to lubbock including gas for my pickup they are quoting 11,500 + tt&l here. Happy hunting and welcome aboard

Yes pricing is regional , probably based on cost of living and supply & demand more than anything else. Here in NW WA state cost of living is high....basically $300-$500 off MSRP is all you can expect during the begining of the season on a new model.

So $10,200-10,600 + TT&L would be a decent deal around here.

All told though I am happy because I bought local.

Id imagine Vegas is a perfect place for the Busa...long desert straights, lots of good riding days. I could see how they could charge full MSRP but the $600 set-up and delivery has got to go.

At best your going to save $1000 if you drive out of state for it...that is going to be quite a hassel so I guess you have to decide how far your willing to go.

Personally, I drove 2 miles to pick up my Busa..it was very easy and painless plus I traded in my old bike which saved me alot of hassel trying to sell it privately. All told I only save about $300 on the Bike and $300 in taxes since I traded in my old bike.

10165 out the door including tax bought in Febuary. 280 every 6 months ins. with state farm insurance. It varys around here from ( asking price ) 9500 to 10600. Check cycle trader. I have seen the adds in ohio for under 9500. Good luck.

KawiZixxer,

I am in the same boat as you. I already have a search going with dealers.

PM me if you are interested in possibly doing a joint venture to either buy a couple of bike out of state and try to get a break on shipping, or to go pick them up and trailer them back.

John

Kawi - I double checked the CycleTrader and Medford Power Sports is advertising an '05 for $9999. The ad states "All prices out the door plus license $ doc".

You may be able to work them down a bit more. Their number is 541-826-9148 - Tue-Sat 9-6.

Steve

Thanks for the advice fellas. But the point is now moot.

I am the proud owner of a 2005 Red/Black and I got it for $10,500 after taxes and everything. It is 3 months old, so it was used, but hey...3 months is nothing. The best I could get on a brand new was $12 out the door. So I saved $1500 and it came with a couple nice things.

I am posting about it in a new thread!!

Right now I only have two Busas left.

One red/black one = 11 OTD, unless you call and nag me.... then i might come down a buck.....

Have an LE, just arrived - but dont ask the price..... Full MSRP + ship + assembly.....  sorry fellas. Its not a gimme bike.....

Oh, and the guys that tell you they got one for 8700.... also forget to tell you they paid 650 shipping and 389 assembly..... plus tax's.....
People are full of ####.....

<!--EDIT|tedbiele
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113537860 -->

Back