Reduce Weight, Only 1 Front Rotor?

Given it is primarily a drag bike changes things. Then removing the front rotor makes more sense. As far as the results that you are looking to achieve it may not be enough. If the races are timed ask to see his 60 foot times. Compare them to yours That may be where you need the greatest improvement

Given it is primarily a drag bike changes things. Then removing the front rotor makes more sense. As far as the results that you are looking to achieve it may not be enough. If the races are timed ask to see his 60 foot times. Compare them to yours That may be where you need the greatest improvement
It’s bracket racing one caliper don’t make you more consistent.

Anyone removed a front caliper and rotor? Guy on his zx14 who keeps walking me (it's all in good racing plus he's got yeeeeeears of experience) pulled 1 of his fronts and says it's good for like 7 pounds. Next question, if it is possible I do think right side is primary so at least you could have matching rotors on the right side (front and rear) pros and cons let me have em.
Why not do old trick of keeping both rotors & mount them in front of the forks? Just swap the left with the right fork tube for better distribution of weight/wheelie control. BLACK BIRDS can't be wrong.

Agreed but mostly they want to win.

But what pisses everyone off more than loosing is losing the main event to a moped. Seen a guy do that twice. When his bike broke he would continue to race on his moped.
Saw a guy win a 5k bracket race in a geo prizm. He entered it in Superpro and the racers threw a fit because it was dialed at a high 11. Hardest thing to do in bracket racing is sit and wait for your light when you're 6 seconds faster than the other lane, and they knew it. We moved him to the Pro class and he won.

Saw a guy win a 5k bracket race in a geo prizm. He entered it in Superpro and the racers threw a fit because it was dialed at a high 11. Hardest thing to do in bracket racing is sit and wait for your light when you're 6 seconds faster than the other lane, and they knew it. We moved him to the Pro class and he won.
Gotta love it. Bet half his wins were red lights or breakouts. And it’s slow but I bet it’s consistantly slow and as long as he can cut a light what deadly combo.

In sportsman class can't have that time swing.
That's NHRA tracks. The two tracks near me are outlaw, they do whatever they want. The one I was working at when this happened put a lower limit into the SuperPro rules, 8.50 I think, but in the other classes it didn't matter. We had 3 money classes at the time: SuperPro, Pro, and Footbrake. Also had a street class which just split the entry fees between first and second. S/P was a delay box class, P was no box but trans brake/2 step were okay, F/B was no box, transbrake or 2 step.

I have only played on NHRA tracks except a small track I worked at for a season . Only reason I worked there was for free track time to dial in my own bike with no one around . Never participated in a race event there .

Back