Red Dawn 2010....WOLVERINES!!!

Aaron, good stat's and true enough. The Soviets exacted their pound of flesh and we tend to forget the heavy price they paid for their victory in WWII. But don't you think someone would think twice before invading a country where there are 200 million guns in the possession of its private citizens? Ever see "On The Beach"? I think that if any large scale conflict were to occur it would be over in a "flash" and we would all be looking for new homes in Australia or New Zealand...

hahaha i dont question the fact that it would be a poor choice for anyone to try to invade america... the personal firearms being the LEAST of their worries... :laugh:

Though depending on the type of incursion, most people are a little hesitant to flash fry their own soil...

thank the gods we dont have to find this out the hard way..

Don't need bombs and guns, we'll just drop snakey's and spidey's on 'em! :rofl:

that gives me the hibbi jibbies just thinking about it... BLECH

Aussiebusaboy still unsure as to why folks lined up to turn their guns in down there first point..you brought it up....:thumbsup:

Second point..according to your own points...you guys have no guns and a very large area with nobody in it prime for an airdrop by a well supplied force of 100 of thousands of troops. Granted they would have to get past your air defenses but if the Afghanis did it to us in Red Dawn than...:whistle::rofl:

Oh i didnt say we dont have guns

I just said we were made to hand them in when they made semi auto weapons illegal.
Highest ever report of break n enters recorded when they announced the amnesty, funny thing is all that got stolen were the guns.:laugh::whistle:

We still have our high powered rifles (bolt action) and shotguns and can keep pistols with a permit if you can be bothered with all their rules and red tape.

So the guns wernt so much as handed in as they were (stolen) :whistle:
I know of a few peeps who greased their guns up and put them into long term storage just in case they are needed.
We had a march against the government in melbourne and got 100,000 poeople participate, stopped the whole city.
Melbourne only has a population of 1000,000 so we kinda scared them a bit but couldnt stop them taking the guns.
We dont have a bill of rights like you guys.

In total about 20,000 guns were handed in.

you guys crack me up....

yeah, the reason nobody has invaded mainland america is because we own guns....lol

the first time the bullets are coming at them cletus, billy bob will be running for the hills.

yes it is a nice romantic tale, young people banding together to protect thier land from invasion....but come on guy, untrained civilians are no match for well trained soldiers.

the real reason we have not been invaded is because of where we are....an attack force would be weeks at sea, and 100,000 troops, equipment and supplies is not something that is missed by a satelite.....

Ivan , can't just gas up the tanks and roll into southern texas like he can with germany.

militia are trained....

by the time the Continental Army won a battle, its troops were in fact trained, and had battle experience.

the early part of the war, illustrates what happens when trained soldiers meet untrained civilians in battle. defeat after defeat, somtimes even breaking lines and running for thier lives.

state militia was trained, and it had the same weapons as british regulars....in fact they sometimes had better weapons.

Breaking lines and running ?
Heck we learned quick enough not to be STOOOPID and stand there and shoot at each other.
The Native Americans showed us what guerilla warfare was and asked us why we fought like that when you can fire from cover as they had in the Nantahalla.
Then the Kentucky rifle was created and our guys could stand off and pick them Brits off.

We learned as most did that stand off line warfare was outdated.
Who cares about being gentlemen, it was war..

Ps....I would put my $ on any average American citizen and his guns over the Iraqi troops we are training over there or 50% of the worlds armies.....

Natural born Alvin C Yorks we are .....

Sgt York was trained in the back woods by his daddy. The army only made him better.
Anyway you get my point.

???...Did you suddenly just go OWEN on us...???

but we are not a bunch of Sgt. Yorks, that is why he is/was a hero. he went above and beyond....

do me a favor, the next time you are in a denny' or an applebees or any other random public place. look around, and honestly asses who is there.

the average american is fat, soft and overpriviledged.

if you think you could take 35 random people from an applebees into combat you are crazy...

Back