recall

Dae

Registered
need a quick answer as i am buying a bike. which year model
busa had cam chain mod recall. buying a 2000 model any other recalls this year ? thanks

I bought a 2000 that was 8 mos old with 600 miles on her. I called American Suzuki and by giving them the VIN #'s they confirmed all the recall work had been done on my bike allready.

1-800-356-6013 or (714) 996-7040

The cam chain tensioner recall was the only one for the 2000s.

thanks for the response, have just bought my second busa from some rich bloke,2000 model he said he didnt get a recall notice so i took a chance its only done 3100 miles. he had a paint job done as he wanted it to be individual(not to everyones taste but its not new, hey) and i know the guy who painted it so it wasnt damaged as we all suspect straight away. i realise my last one had a harder life than i thought now i have this one it feels alot tighter and faster and much more responsive off the throttle. do we have a list off recall notices on this site?

thanks for the response, have just bought my second busa from some rich bloke,2000 model he said he didnt get a recall notice so i took a chance its only done 3100 miles. he had a paint job done as he wanted it to be individual(not to everyones taste but its not new, hey) and i know the guy who painted it so it wasnt damaged as we all suspect straight away. i realise my last one had a harder life than i thought now i have this one it feels alot tighter and faster and much more responsive off the throttle. do we have a list off recall notices on this site?
I have a 2000 and bought it new. The only recall that I know about is the tensioner. If yours has not had it done GET IT DONE!! The whole thing behide the recall was that if the cam chain breaks while you're riding it could lock up the rear tire. This would be very bad. Call Suzuki and find out if it has been done. By the sounds of it, it hasn't been done.

The only other recalls that have been put out for the Busa is for the 99s and that was for the fuel pump.

rode the new toy today and loved it, strip and clean and a proper service before she goes for TRE and remap on saturday, workdays are so long when all you want to do is get on ya new bike. will sort out and check if recall was done or overlooked. will suzuki still honour recall after such a long time i wonder?

Back