Recall RATZ!

OB_Buffalo

Registered
Just got my don't ride it till we fix it notice from Suzuki. I hate recalls. It sounds like the same recall the 99 750 owners had to do on their GSXR's. So far my bike has been glitch free. Now I get the "your motor could seize without warning notice." Great.

Hey they gotta say that. If its not making any noise ride it. I did. But...........your *** probably will not be covered if you admit to knowing to the recall. Its a fast exchange. Just get in there and do it. I drove mine 300 or so till i got mine fixed. Ask your self this question. What would you have done if you didnt know about the recall..................You would have driven the bike............right?

Vegas, good point guy. I'll keep strokin and schedule the replacement,sigh. Seems like if the tensioner on the 750 was bad they would have used a different one on the Falcon though, guess not.

Just got mine, thought they forgot me ??? :)

The recall notice is on all 1999 Hayabusa motorcycles, on the cam chain tension adjuster, But only about half are included in the fuel screen replacement..

Number lower then X2102559.. But numbers higher then X2102558 should be OK :) according to the notice that I got..

It also said that you still could ride, just use caution when operating & keep the RPM's down... :( :( "No fun" :( :(

why wouldnt it run as good after just replacing the tensioner? my bike is on the dyno this week and gets a new tensioner next week . i dont want to have to buy more dyno time just for this. i have 6k miles on my bike and my tensioner hasnt made a peep of noise. im not to worried about it. i dont believe the chain tensioner will affect the power output of my bike as long as it is properly installed.

Back