Recall

MBMCprez

Registered
Forgive me if this has already been posted. Just wanted to make my Gen 2 bros and sisters aware of a recall on the rectifier. It is draining the battery without warning. Probably won't notice if you keep her on a trickle charger when she's resting like I do. Luckily, I bought my Busa from a good friend who was the original owner and he received the recall letter in the mail. Just thought I would pass it on in case someone wasn't aware.

Do a search...this recall is about 2 years old and you will find some discussion about it. It's actually the 2nd recall on the rectifier...

just had mine done when I went for a state inspection and with the bike sitting the battery would drain.

Bought my 2008 last October & found out about the recall, but it was already replaced. However, when checking, I found out there was another recall, here it is, don't know if its applicable to other years, although I am the 3 owner, they did still did honor the recall & replaced my switch:
"Certain affected motorcycles may have the ignition switch lead wire that is improperly routed. Handlebar movement can result in abnormal flexing and damage to the ignition switch lead wire.

Damage to the ignition switch lead wire can result in intermittent or complete loss of electrical power, which can result in loss of lighting and/or stalling of the engine. This could result in a crash.

Suzuki dealers will thoroughly inspect the ignition switch lead wire routing. If the ignition switch lead wire is not routed or clamped properly, the dealer will replace the ignition switch/lead wire assembly. The original lock set will be installed onto the new ignition switch/lead wire assembly so that the original key will operate the ignition switch. Please contact Suzuki Motor of America, Inc. or go to the website www.suzukicycles.com for recall information about your vehicle".

Back