Rear turn signal mod

Nice!
super.gif

I moved my rear turn signals - again. I just didn't like the way they looked hanging from the reflector brackets after I cut the rear shovel off- looked kinda cheap.And since I'm too cheap (poor)(financially challenged) to buy an undertail, I wanted to modify the way the rear signals looked. I wanted them tucked in closer to the bike so i got to thinking and here's what happened. It took me a couple hours to do and cost virtually nothing but time.

The before pic.
This is after I moved the signals from the rear shovel (removed) to the brackets where the reflectors were.......me not likey.
sad.gif
(check out the tire, too)
You're late!! I was the originator of that mod. Only thing I did different was that I used a set of shortstalk signals from Lockhart Phillips. Great look. I guess it's true that "great minds think alike...."
laugh.gif

I moved my rear turn signals - again. I just didn't like the way they looked hanging from the reflector brackets after I cut the rear shovel off- looked kinda cheap.And since I'm too cheap (poor)(financially challenged) to buy an undertail, I wanted to modify the way the rear signals looked. I wanted them tucked in closer to the bike so i got to thinking and here's what happened. It took me a couple hours to do and cost virtually nothing but time.

The before pic.
This is after I moved the signals from the rear shovel (removed) to the brackets where the reflectors were.......me not likey.
sad.gif
(check out the tire, too)
You're late!!  I was the originator of that mod.  Only thing I did different was that I used a set of shortstalk signals from Lockhart Phillips.  Great look.  I guess it's true that "great minds think alike...."  
laugh.gif
awww rats! I thought i thought of somethin!
tounge.gif

beerchug.gif

Well since today was suppose to be rainy, yesterday I started following your instructions. Thanks so much for posting this. I finished today... the right side ended up being 1/2 inch off from the left side
sad.gif

tail.jpg

tail2.jpg

I did the same sort of idea, but as the same of PsychoBusa.. I used LockHart Phillips flush mounts. Same placement too. Seems to be a common mod of those of us with dual highmounts...

It's a SHAME that none of the "Cool" undertail kits will work correctly if you've spaced out your rear pegs.
mad.gif

Back