Rear Tire !!

Bosshound

Donating Member
Registered
I have the Stock Bridgestones. They have been great but I am going to Need a New Rear Tire Soon. What are you Running and why ?

Thanks in Advanced
peace.gif

i would like to see a good awsner to this too cause im at the end of my first tire at 3200 and im satisfied with the performance i just would like a lil more tire life

Michelin 2CTs have always worked well for me.

I'm going in for a replacement of the stock tire on my '08 shortly, and have chosen the 2CT because it has a harder center strip which allows for more commutes without wearing the tire out before I can get to the weekend (and summer night-time) twisties.

There are a few applications which should be considered when you're choosing, however. The stickier the tire, the shorter life it will live...better for casual track-day dudes...sometimes costlier.

I do the gamut of riding: long road trips, commuting, and tons (TONS) of twisties. For me, and for others who ride like I do, I can solidly recommend the Michelin 2CT.

Let us know what you choose...
lurk.gif

Michelin Power Race medium/softs and PRC fronts.

I run the 190/55 rear b/c of better turn in. But you may have to make some minor geometry changes b/c it can affect overall handling and suspension function. And I went up +2 on the rear gearing to compensate for the slight acceleration losses. Now it feels like stock gearing, but with a 55 profile.

and I do nothing but trackdays anyways.

hey robert just get the bt56 there a good tire i have had all most 30k on my busa not the 08. trust me bt56 rear will run $140-150 i know dealer cost is around $124

BT56 is garbage, IMO, ancient design in terms of tire technology. It really depends on what type of riding you do. I can't get past 4,000 for a rear. Since you're asking, for me, Metzler Sportec M3, Michelin PP, Dunlop Sport Qualifier (current tire), or the Continental Sport Attack.

Stock on my 08, but when the time comes, I'm going to try out the PP2ct's.
thumb_up.gif

Michelin 2CTs have always worked well for me.

I'm going in for a replacement of the stock tire on my '08 shortly, and have chosen the 2CT because it has a harder center strip which allows for more commutes without wearing the tire out before I can get to the weekend (and summer night-time) twisties.

There are a few applications which should be considered when you're choosing, however. The stickier the tire, the shorter life it will live...better for casual track-day dudes...sometimes costlier.

I do the gamut of riding: long road trips, commuting, and tons (TONS) of twisties. For me, and for others who ride like I do, I can solidly recommend the Michelin 2CT.

Let us know what you choose...
lurk.gif
thumb_up.gif

PP2's on my bike right now, and they are working out great !!! Couldn't give you an answer on mileage yet, only have about 700 miles on them, but they are great for the canyon's I ride through near me...
beerchug.gif

+1...Pilot Power here too. They warm up instantly, stick like crazy and give great feedback. Mileage is decent for a supersport tire.

i like my bt015 better then bt56 they warm up way faster and stick better. thats the 08 busa
ThumbsUp.gif
millage sucks on them i have 1.4k and there worn maybe half way

Shinko 005,  wanted something cheap to go with the half worn front till it wears out before I get a set of something better.

Ya know Robert, don't go buying anything expensive with all the burnouts that you do  
rofl.gif

shinko_tire_024.jpg

Another endorsement for the 2CT's here. Great tires, very pleased.

And I recommend buying a set, I rarely ever endorse having two different tires.

Get a rubber one.
smile.gif

I'm going to do a BT021 when it's time to replace the BT015 set the bike came with. They will be sticky enough to grind the pegs, and hard enough to get some decent mileage. Had them on my FJR and I loved the way they handle. They warm up pretty quick, and track the road accurately in wet and dry weather.

Lot depends on how you ride. If your mostly in the city cruising and stop lighting get a Shinko. If you spend a lot of time on the side of the tire get PAIR of PP2s. If it's a daily driver, do everything bike you might consider a sport touring tire like Pilot Road 2s (my choice when I replace the OEMs) or Metzler Z6s. My
2cents.gif

I like one that are round and black with two large holes in them so they will go over the rim. (metzler z6)

cheers
ken

I've read a lot of good comments on the Dunlop Qualifiers, so I may go that route once my stockers are spent.

Avon Storm.  8,000 mile tire with good grip.  I can ride to the Dragon, ride in the Dragon for a week, and ride back home, then ride to Eureka Springs AR, ride with the group for a few days, and ride home.  I don't have to worry about whether the tire will make the distance and I know it will stick in the twisties.

<-------------------------------- Avon Storms on the Busa

Back