Rear shock spring.

kml

Donating Member
Registered
Anyone of you fine folks ever changed the spring on the Busa's rear shock? If you have, what spring rate did you use, and what's your weight?

cheers
ken

speak with gpw and other sponsors i see them off them... im a heavy rider and i want to do the same but i have the stock one pretty tight right now so i can wait a lil...

Each bike should be calculated differently shock wise as it's not a 1 size fits all thing..

I'm having my rear shock rebuilt. I weigh 160lbs, if it helps I will post which rate the spring is on the rebuild.

I'm having my rear shock rebuilt. I weigh 160lbs, if it helps I will post which rate the spring is on the rebuild.
Since the stock spring is 13.1kg/mm and is set for a 160lb rider, I'd think you'll be golden with a new stock spring, gold valve (or similar) and fresh charge. Let us know if its different though.... as 14.0 is recommended for racing at our weight.

If its any help for up to about 200lb street rider, or 170 rider for racing you can use typical Racetech and Traxxion springs, after that its time to break into Eibach and some other manufacturers.

Part of the rebuild is revalving the shock. My rebound was 11 clicks in(counterclockwise from the end) and my compression was 3 clicks in. The revalve will allow the compression to be closer to the middle(around 10clicks in) as it is better for the oil moving through, or something like that
winkold.gif
My rebound is already in the middle. Also he(PPS) said after he's done with it each click will have a bigger effect in damping, giving me a greater range of damping to work with.

Anyway, hope this info helps out.
thumb_up.gif

Part of the rebuild is revalving the shock.  My rebound was 11 clicks in(counterclockwise from the end) and my compression was 3 clicks in.  The revalve will allow the compression to be closer to the middle(around 10clicks in) as it is better for the oil moving through, or something like that
winkold.gif
 My rebound is already in the middle.  Also he(PPS) said after he's done with it each click will have a bigger effect in damping, giving me a greater range of damping to work with.

Anyway, hope this info helps out.
thumb_up.gif
Who's rebuilding your shock?

cheers
ken

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
If its any help for up to about 200lb street rider, or 170 rider for racing you can use typical Racetech and Traxxion springs, after that its time to break into Eibach and some other manufacturers.[/quote]

Racetech is using Eibach as the source for the rear spring. My machine is in the shop right now getting resprung (R 14.3 F 1.1) and re-valved.

Back