Rear shock? Re-valve or replace?

Sancho

Registered
OK.... Here's the scenario- I need to update the rear shock and I was wondering if anyone had any info./success stories on revalving the stock unit or replacing with an Ohlins drag shock. I have tried to get my setup right with the stock one and I seem to have run out of adjustment. My best time this year was 9.59 and I know I could go better if I could drop my 60 down some more. When it does hook sometimes I get a vibration and it breaks the tire free. (not the clutch) Any info. would be appreciated.

buswheelie.jpg

Revalving is an option if youre not wanting to spend the bucks,I think the same can be achieved with the cheaper option.

How is your shock set up? I was told let it squat quick, and come back slow. Low compression damping, lot of rebound damping. If yours is set up like this, then yeah, revalve would be the less expensive option......

Revalving is an option if youre not wanting to spend the bucks,I think the same can be achieved with the cheaper option.
agreed, the same can be achieved by revalving the shock as with a new one...

When they revlave the shock, they just replace the spring with a much stronger one... Trac Dynamics offers revalved shocks for different applications... You can get'em strong enough to support well over 12" over stock or weaker depending on your swingarm length... You need a stronger shock as the swingarm continues to move out to support the extra weight moving out on the swingarm...

Why not get a link pro,then if you ever let someone else test your bike that is a different size,height or you change your wb setup,track conditions change,and the link pro is just like revalving and springing the shock without having a 100 springs and the time is minimal to setup.It is universal and work I have seen a tenth or bettr of my 60 ft's at my weight.1.47-155 at 63" stock motor with a pipe at 225 lbs.

1.47-1.55 60's? That's great. Where can I find this Link pro? Does that make the re-valve unnecessary? What is your clutch set up?

Back