rear shock adjustment

so when you say upper setting your referring to the clicker on the can then right ?
Yes, for a shock with a remote reservoir compression is on the can. Does your can have one or two knobs on top of each other? Post a pic. Some shocks have high speed and low speed compression. They do completely different things. Outer knob is high speed compression. Inner knob is low speed compression.

Yes, for a shock with a remote reservoir compression is on the can. Does your can have one or two knobs on top of each other? Post a pic. Some shocks have high speed and low speed compression. They do completely different things. Outer knob is high speed compression. Inner knob is low speed compression.

433434335_1096020628353420_915479694172764650_n.jpg

432110751_760838832813716_2170414283005999949_n.jpg

i dont know what the deal is with that red knob tho it has 8 markers but its able to turn 30 times

i dont know what the deal is with that red knob tho it has 8 markers but its able to turn 30 times
Yeah it's normal to have a wide range. Now close it all the way in and open it 5 clicks and do the bounce test. Then close it all the way and bounce it again. Let's see how it does.

Yeah it's normal to have a wide range. Now close it all the way in and open it 5 clicks and do the bounce test. Then close it all the way and bounce it again. Let's see how it does.
ok im figuring it out 1 is softest 8 is hard

Used OEM shocks are cheap on eBay if you want to try the factory spring rate. Of course, the longer swing arm will affect the rate in your situation. I just had my OEM shock serviced at a reasonable cost.

There must be a bunch of spring rates (Fox or otherwise) available for your diameter and length. Perhaps Race Tech or somebody.

Maybe check around for a local suspension pro that can do it all for you.

The long swing arm is a bit of a wild card for most of us. But lots of guys do it. Pehaps All Things Chrome has a solution.

Last edited:
So you turned the knob to close it and it just kept turning?
yes i believe i turned it to close . but yea it just kept turning i counted 80 clicks i thought it would eventually stop but it doesn't seem so .
so i put it back where it was i didnt leave it at 80 clicks

Used OEM shocks are cheap on eBay if you want to try the factory spring rate. Of course, the longer swing arm will affect the rate in your situation. I just had my OEM shock serviced at a reasonable cost.

There must be a bunch of spring rates (Fox or otherwise) available for your diameter and length. Perhaps Race Tech or somebody.

Maybe check around for a local suspension pro that can do it all for you.

The long swing arm is a bit of a wild card for most of us. But lots of guys do it. Pehaps All Things Chrome has a solution.
i may just call them - all things chrome that is . i ordered there 1400 heavy duty spring thinking it would solve my problems

yes i believe i turned it to close . but yea it just kept turning i counted 80 clicks i thought it would eventually stop but it doesn't seem so .
so i put it back where it was i didnt leave it at 80 clicks
Might want to email Fox and ask for a manual of this shock. I never heard of a endless knob. Perhaps that's why it's 1-8 past 8 back go 1. Try the 1 setting and see how stiff it is.

I did unfortunately I don’t think it made much of a difference . I’ll do it again today just to be sure .
Probably needs a rebuild if the clicks are not helping ?

A
I did unfortunately I don’t think it made much of a difference . I’ll do it again today just to be sure .
Probably needs a rebuild if the clicks are not helping ?
So I looked it up. That deffinetly ain't the shock for the Busa. FOX shows the TC-R racing as the one for the Hayabusa. You have the regular TC. So it probably was never valved to the busas weight. It fits but not valved properly to the bikes weight

Back