Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear Caliper Banjo Bolt--How?

Mythos

Registered
There is some sort of bullet head on the rear caliper banjo bolt. How does that thing come off? I need to remove the rear brake line for upgrade to a Galfer line.

There was some good info about differing bolt thread pitches on this thread and I do see Galfer includes two diff threaded bolts https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/maintenance-do-yourself/154667-rear-brake-line-removal.html

....but for now, how do I get the OEM banjo bolt off the caliper with that pointy thing on there?

I use a wrench! a 12mm!

From the factory they are very tight.

LOL, yeah, GIXER...12mm --I discovered the banjo bolts are really tight a couple days back. I took off my rear brake MC to paint it ...had to put it back on to turn that banjo bolt with a wrench! I couldn't get it holding the MC in my hand and wrenching on the bolt w/the other!!

What I was asking about however was the chrome bullet head that covers the rear brake caliper banjo bolt.
bltbnjocvr.jpg

^^^Is that NOT OEM?

I found a set screw on the back. ..so trhat is how it comes off. It takes the smallest allen wrench. 1.5mm
bnjocvrsetscrw.jpg

Well then next time post a pick, because what you removed is not factory!

I was beginning t0 think not because no one was picking up on the "bullet head" description. My bike sat out in a showroom prior to sale. I guess they put a few little doodads on there and that must be one. I like it! Think I'll keep it!!

Thanks for help.

Glad you figure it out!

Top Bottom