rear axle nut question

iride

Registered
What size wrench does the Gen 2 busa rear axle nut take??
Anyone know were i can buy a wrench that size ?
Thanks
Mike

I think its like a 36mm or something. I bought a socket at sears. I can look when I get home from work and let you know, if you hadnt found out by then.

I must have gotten ripped off, because that was not included in my brand new 2008 tool kit.

Don't sweat it-a 36mm wrench with a 4" long handle for a nut that needs to be torqued to 72 lb. ft. is not one of the most useful tools I've got.

Yes you need a 2ft pipe to go onto the factory wrench to make it work...
Mine didnt come with that....:rofl:

but 36 mm is the one.
Its diff but try to get a six point socket and not a 12pt so it will not scratch it up.

Thanks guys, 36 mm it is then, Looks like I will hit sears tomorrow.
or freight harbor
Mike

Don't sweat it-a 36mm wrench with a 4" long handle for a nut that needs to be torqued to 72 lb. ft. is not one of the most useful tools I've got.

+1 you would be buying the socket even if you did have that basically worthless piece of metal in your toolkit! :laugh:

the sears by me only stock the 12 pt socket end so i ordered the 6 pt from them and rented a socket from autozone to use so i could get the job done while waiting on my 6 pt socket. it only took 3 days for the ordered socket to come in

I'm all for good tools too and have spent a small fortune on them over the years, but the local O'Rileys autoparts has 36mm 6point impact good quality sockets for $14. Hard to beat for something that gets little use.

Be cautious about buying a technical item like a torque wrench fresh out of China.
+1!! I bought a torque wrench from HF about 25 years ago when I was a teenager and it was off by almost 15 ft lbs and the connecting rods on my small block in my 67 Camaro came apart. Damaged a lot of parts and I still haven't forgotten to this day.:moon:

Whatever you do ... do not use a Snap on cordless impact on the axle nut. You will stretch the threads even if you think it wasn't too tight. Ask me how much a new axle is and how hard it was cutting the nut off :whistle: 36 mm is the size.

Back