Ready for a rear tire, advice needed

Hello,

I am new to this forum and a new owner of the Black/Orange Busa.  I have owned severl bikes two of which were the 1200 Bandit S and the new 1250 Bandit S.  Both I believe came with the "Z" rated Michelins. Really good tires no problems or complaints.  I am a  spirited rider, not extremely aggressive, I get 6000-7000 miles out of the Conti Road-Attack tires.  Good tire, decently sticky, and the mileage is great for a "Z" rated tire.

DevilDawg1
Semper Fi

Thanks a lot for the feedback! I'm gonna go with an original Bridgestone, and keep them matched. I took YH2K's advice, and checked my front tire for cupping. Put it on the stand, spun it around, felt it for roundness. Looked good. I'll put a set on next time.
I saw tire prices in Cycle World ads, and thought I'd call a Suzuki dealer to see if they had them in stock. I would have been willing to pay a few dollars more. OMG! Called two dealers, best price was $251.00, for one rear tire, handed to you. I found the original BT-56 at Chaparral Motorsports for $146.85, with free ground shipping. No wonder ya call 'em stealerships!
Unless I hear some bad feedback about them, I'll order it Friday.

Hello,

I am new to this forum and a new owner of the Black/Orange Busa.  I have owned severl bikes two of which were the 1200 Bandit S and the new 1250 Bandit S.  Both I believe came with the "Z" rated Michelins. Really good tires no problems or complaints.  I am a  spirited rider, not extremely aggressive, I get 6000-7000 miles out of the Conti Road-Attack tires.  Good tire, decently sticky, and the mileage is great for a "Z" rated tire.

DevilDawg1
Semper Fi
welcome.gif
 to the org. If you get a chance, post a new topic here https://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=SF;f=77 and tell us about yourself and show us a pic. of your new bike.
thumb_up.gif

The dealer might still hit you for a benjamin to install. Some shops will charge $25 if you bring them the wheel only and new tire. Good Luck. First thing I learned to do on my own was change tires. The rear tire on a Busa needs to be changed often
beerchug.gif

The rotors are easy to damage, so unless you have a good friend that does this; you might want to seek advice before you attempt to change your first tire. Some very good threads on this site.

I can remove the wheel, I checked around, about $30. I'll be very careful handling it. My local dealer, who I bought it from, told me they only charge $15, carried in. But they're so incompetent, they can't adjust a chain properly. They proved that at the 600 mile service.
firedevil.gif
So, I'll drive an hour each way, to have a highly skilled technician perform this task. I'll bet they know which way the --> goes!

Back