Front tire recommondation

viper11511

Registered
Hello! I have a 05 busa running a 330 Avon Venom rear tire. It is time to replace the front tire and when I purchased the bike the front and rear did not match (brand). Logic would say purchase a matching venom for the front but I'm not all that up to speed on tires. Any input would be appreciated! Thank you.

That's what I would do. Me personally, I don't like mixing tires.

Me either, same brand and compounds front and back. I usually buy sets and never buy just one tire. I understand why you would with a wide tire kit. I can usually find someone needing a tire I can it away to. :beerchug:

stock sizes for me too. once put a 180 on the rear , not for me thanks :whistle:
funny you should say that...

I run 190/55's on the track... I had a tire that needed replaced "pronto" and had one done... I rode 2 track days on a 180/55 and never even knew it till TufBusa was asking about some specific thing on my tires.. Went out to bike to check a tire "brand mark" and wth.... wrong tire on the bike riding at 90% on a track and I could not tell the difference... :rofl:

All good info! I really appreciate all the feedback! I was wondering if the lower profile maybe would give a little larger appearance to the wheel? And maybe lower the front end a bit? I'm sure the difference is probably not noticeable but thought it was worth asking.

I bet if I set two bikes with the two tire sizes side by side, you could not tell which was which (same brand tires)...

Engineers go to a lot of trouble to build stuff like this, gotta be careful when second guessing their choices... :)

go with a zr60 (performance tire):please: since you have 330/17.:please: i've got 300/18 rear & zr65 on the front...yes zr65 not 60. no pic yet.....:stirpot:

I apologize for my lack of knowledge on this topic, but why do you think the zr60 would be a better combination with the 330/17? Thanks!

Back