Rant! DMV

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
So I have a CDL license. New laws require I have my medical card stamped by the DMV. I did that in February and had to have my card renewed this month. As I sit here at the DMV looking at all the numbers before, just another 32 to go, maybe I won't have to spend 4 hours here for something takes less than a minute to do. Just stamp the card and let go on my way. Argh!!

gov't efficiency at it's best! :rulez:

Do they separate the numbers? In NC, depending on the type of service you require, they give you A, B or C numbers. So you don't have to wait for 10 people to take a drivers test...

Hey, if they didn't move slowly, they wouldn't look busy enough! :laugh:

Ask Omar how I handle going to the DMV?! He had to register a vehicle here a few weeks back, and it took everything I had to NOT jump over the counter and strangle the chick waiting on us. A 5 minute transaction took about 20 minutes because she kept chit chatting with her 2 coworkers about everything else but what was in front of her. She kept getting up and walking around, looking confused because she wouldn't focus on the customer, never saying anything to us...I swear, it really did take all I had to not go off on her, and Omar wondered why I was so upset...I finally walked over to the door and waited there to avoid upsetting him by going off :rofl:

It wouldnt be so bad, but they really need to divide the lines. I am waiting everyone that needs testing, ID cards etc. Dont get me wrong, I don't mind waiting in line, this is ridiculous.

Hey, if they didn't move slowly, they wouldn't look busy enough! :laugh:

Ask Omar how I handle going to the DMV?! He had to register a vehicle here a few weeks back, and it took everything I had to NOT jump over the counter and strangle the chick waiting on us. A 5 minute transaction took about 20 minutes because she kept chit chatting with her 2 coworkers about everything else but what was in front of her. She kept getting up and walking around, looking confused because she wouldn't focus on the customer, never saying anything to us...I swear, it really did take all I had to not go off on her, and Omar wondered why I was so upset...I finally walked over to the door and waited there to avoid upsetting him by going off :rofl:

so....let me get this right.... a woman being upset at a woman...for doing women type things?? :whistle::whistle::laugh:

What happened to that New and Improved DMV that I've seen commercials on? :laugh: You know the one that has the golf, ice cream, massages and other stuff ??? Or did Obama cut funding for that?

We can do our renewals over te interwebs here yay us. Lol

Sucks you had to wait 2.5 hours. Smartphones ftw.

Y'all need to come here. I'm in and out in less than 10 minutes. They have a woman in the lobby checking people's paper work to make sure its all in order and if its not she will move their number out of line and make them correct it before they an proceed. Its really a joy to do business with em.

Y'all need to come here. I'm in and out in less than 10 minutes. They have a woman in the lobby checking people's paper work to make sure its all in order and if its not she will move their number out of line and make them correct it before they an proceed. Its really a joy to do business with em.

Impossible...they must have hired non-DMV-types to even entertain this craziness! :laugh:

Gives you something to look forward to when the government controls our healthcare...

Remember the scene from Beetlejuice where all the dead and nearly dead were sitting in a waiting room? Yeah, that's what I'm imagining :laugh:

you're from AL, right? that woman's probably just giving a reading test :poke:

j/k my friend :lol:

And you want the government responsible for managing your healthcare?

CDL's have gotten more and more complicated to have. When I was 18 I could haul hazmat with only a chauffer's license.

Back