Radar Detectors Uniden

G

Jeff,

Can you provide some info on your mount?
Is it made by Saeng? If so which type of
mount did you go with for the Busa?
I noticed on their web site they sell
various types. I've owned a V1 for quiet
a while and need to make use of it on my Busa. I've found that it will mount at the
bottom of the windscreen with the stock suction cup mount but blocks the top two idiot lights.

If you want to see what Uniden has for radar detectors check out their site www.uniden.com,they have some good deals and I order one thur them,I wanted a Valentine Radar detector but the price was way to high I rather buy a police scanner for that price any ways I bought one of the top of the line under their return item selection and I'll post the results of this RADAR DETECTOR.I do have a older uniden detector and has saved my butt a couple of times.It doesn't have the laser detector cicuit and that is why I'm upgrading to their top of the line model.Payed $126 plus shipping.I guess I'll find out if it's a good deal or not.

I got the Saeng #2520, the twin flex mount. I'll use both the suction cups and the saeng mount. I may cover the clock up with the saeng mount base.

I have not attached it as of yet, but looks like I'll be able to see the warning lights, but not the clock (don't neet it anyway).

I just got my Valentine and my mount. I'll get them installed and take a picture if anyone would like to see.

here's the very sad part about all of this
unfortunately, as in most things in life... with radar detectors, "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR !!!"
you have to understand that the uniden detector will have maybe 25% of the accuracy and real-world usability of the valentine one
i think that the latter is pathetically overpriced
BUT...
those who drive on the road for a living
or those of us who like to abuse speed limits...
need the best
if you buy the uniden
DON'T speed while testing it

if you know how to use the web
then do so
find every site that speaks about radar detectors and their relative accuracy and usefulness...
you'll see what i mean
i'm sorry
for the record
i have NOT YET PUT down the large sum of money (almost $500.00) for that valentine one and all the goodies that go with it

so...
i don't speed
i have not bought another detector
if i don't own the best
i won't depend on anything less...

in much the same was that the autocom is the only intercom/communicator that's worth owning
but...
at almost $1500.00 to set the whole thing up... it'll be awhile before i have that as well

that's just a few of my thoughts this tuesday evening

greg

Back