Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Race Tech update

2hip

Registered
Bought the rear shock about a month ago and had them ship it to N. Cal. Took them about 2-3 weeks to build the
G3-S shock. So, then I started shopping for the install. A Honda dealer who I like wanted 8+ hours at 90/hr...gulp! The Suzuki dealer wanted 4+ hrs at 95/hr...smaller gulp!
Then I asked Race Tech what they wanted for the install. Since I bought the rear shock and gold valves/new springs, seals...for the front forks they said I just have to pay for the oil and expedite fee since I wanted it done before the races at Laguna Seca...u know..just in case one of the MotoGP crashed and burned and they needed a subsitute wanna be:whistle:..they told me about 200 for "all in"...so early Monday I will be making he 8 hr drive to S. California...Pays to call around...then again...:banghead:

4 hours to install the shock or the shock and rebuild the forks?

Bought the rear shock about a month ago and had them ship it to N. Cal. Took them about 2-3 weeks to build the
G3-S shock. So, then I started shopping for the install. A Honda dealer who I like wanted 8+ hours at 90/hr...gulp! The Suzuki dealer wanted 4+ hrs at 95/hr...smaller gulp!
Then I asked Race Tech what they wanted for the install. Since I bought the rear shock and gold valves/new springs, seals...for the front forks they said I just have to pay for the oil and expedite fee since I wanted it done before the races at Laguna Seca...u know..just in case one of the MotoGP crashed and burned and they needed a subsitute wanna be:whistle:..they told me about 200 for "all in"...so early Monday I will be making he 8 hr drive to S. California...Pays to call around...then again...:banghead:

Let us know how it works out for you. I think I'll do the same during the Winter. :thumbsup:

They do some great business there. Just got my bike back week and a half ago now and am loving the new feel. Turns so much better! Have a safe ride! If you had more time, could bust out some socal riding while you were in town! :beerchug:

I would definelty want a profesional to install components into the forks but it's actually really simple to put the stuff back on the bike.

Are they going to set you up with a baseline suspension setting? i.e sag/dampening?

Top Bottom