Race Tech update

2hip

Registered
Bought the rear shock about a month ago and had them ship it to N. Cal. Took them about 2-3 weeks to build the
G3-S shock. So, then I started shopping for the install. A Honda dealer who I like wanted 8+ hours at 90/hr...gulp! The Suzuki dealer wanted 4+ hrs at 95/hr...smaller gulp!
Then I asked Race Tech what they wanted for the install. Since I bought the rear shock and gold valves/new springs, seals...for the front forks they said I just have to pay for the oil and expedite fee since I wanted it done before the races at Laguna Seca...u know..just in case one of the MotoGP crashed and burned and they needed a subsitute wanna be:whistle:..they told me about 200 for "all in"...so early Monday I will be making he 8 hr drive to S. California...Pays to call around...then again...:banghead:

Bought the rear shock about a month ago and had them ship it to N. Cal. Took them about 2-3 weeks to build the
G3-S shock. So, then I started shopping for the install. A Honda dealer who I like wanted 8+ hours at 90/hr...gulp! The Suzuki dealer wanted 4+ hrs at 95/hr...smaller gulp!
Then I asked Race Tech what they wanted for the install. Since I bought the rear shock and gold valves/new springs, seals...for the front forks they said I just have to pay for the oil and expedite fee since I wanted it done before the races at Laguna Seca...u know..just in case one of the MotoGP crashed and burned and they needed a subsitute wanna be:whistle:..they told me about 200 for "all in"...so early Monday I will be making he 8 hr drive to S. California...Pays to call around...then again...:banghead:

Let us know how it works out for you. I think I'll do the same during the Winter. :thumbsup:

They do some great business there. Just got my bike back week and a half ago now and am loving the new feel. Turns so much better! Have a safe ride! If you had more time, could bust out some socal riding while you were in town! :beerchug:

I would definelty want a profesional to install components into the forks but it's actually really simple to put the stuff back on the bike.

Are they going to set you up with a baseline suspension setting? i.e sag/dampening?

Back