r-77 carbon slipons

Never had an extended warranty. My dealer has always maintained that add-ons with the exception of a turbo or supercharger would be fine. I would find another dealer bc $1200 plus labor is totally whacked. It has been three years but I paid $800 installed for my full exhaust. I've had such extreme experiences with my '06 and '08 that I'm afraid I would never opt for an extended warranty, but that's just me.

personalty if i had bought a bike and an extended warranty from a dealership i would expect that the dealer would would do his job (keep the customer happy) if not the dealer will likely be out of business very soon anyway
just curious what stealership might this be?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh wait...you're SERIOUS right?

Sorry!

The dude needs a new dealership :thumbsup:

Before I went for the M4 full system (single sided [the best]) and power commander i called suzuki directly and asked about voiding the warranty. They stated that the overall warranty would not be voided however, if a problem occured and the mod was the potential cuase they would have to investigate. Suzuki told me that they work together with authorized repair facilities to determine the exact cause of failures.

My advice to you is to call suzuki yourself and hear it from them regarding the slip-ons. Here is their direct number 714-572-1490

Also, when doing my research I found that the difference in prices for slip-ons vs. the full system was marginal but the benefits were great!

M4%20full%20exhaust_1.jpg

well, the dealership is riverside yamaha/suzuki/ktm, in the same building as riverside honda/canam, but they are separated by a wall... my other 2 choises in town were alberta cycle, who only had 1 busa in stock, it was a used 09 in the black and metalic brown, and were asking too much for it... and they told me that there were no dealerships in alberta that could get any hayabusas in, and that the only available ones were in calgary (4 hours south of me) and argyll motorsports who sell yamaha, suzuki, bmw, argo, arctic cat, and ducati(only duc dealer in town i believe) and, ive had issues with them in the past, know people whove had issues as well and they have a much higher charge for "freight and pdi" and they only had 2011s or a black/metallic brown 09 with enough addons to bring the price up to being on par with the 2011s (had akrapovic slipons, some kinda chrome thing around the intakes up by the signals, a suzuki tall windshield and a suzuki gel seat.... the place i went also had a black/ met brown 09, 2 blue 2010s, 1 blue 2011 and 2 black 2011s (canadian 2010s and 2011s have the same colors) the also had a "salvage" (heavily damaged) orange/black... so i went with the blue 2010(was still in the crate) as it was only 1000 more than the 09, but still 2500 less than 2011s,, would have got the 09 with all the mods done to it if it had been a different color... like the white/blue or something, but really cant stand the black/brown ones... anyway, long story short, went with the least of all evils for the dealerships lol... might give suzi a call about that warranty buisness

Canada must have gotten different colors than the US. I've never seen a brown 'Busa..

Canada must have gotten different colors than the US. I've never seen a brown 'Busa..

i suppose that some would cal it gold, but i stand by my metallic brown... ive also called it metallic dog poo and metallic diarrhea but the stickes, and the line behind the kanji are brown....

black_brown.jpg

I paid $815 back in February for r-77 carbon slip ons through motomummy.com. in there exhaust clearance section. They are very easy to put on yourself.
Posted via Mobile Device

i suppose that some would cal it gold, but i stand by my metallic brown... ive also called it metallic dog poo and metallic diarrhea but the stickes, and the line behind the kanji are brown....

You are giving FastFrog a run for the money in photoshop work here! :rofl:

You are giving FastFrog a run for the money in photoshop work here! :rofl:

ive seen his work, i cant hold a candle to it... well maybe i could, but i dont wanna step on his toes, thats his gig, the sharkbusa was amazing, to the one that has a set for sail, gots no moneys for them atm, was just doing some pricing....

also apparently im no longer a "new recruit"... now im a rookie wooo?

If they want that much for the cans which they are lying to you about, I am curious to know how much they raped you on your bike. Looks like you may need to look into a different dealer / parts person. I would be pissed.

nope, done some searching around, even with our dollar being strong right now, thats the price in canada, i am none to happy about it but yeah, went around to everywhere that sells suzki and everywhere that sells parts, 1200 is the going rate for r77s unless i go ebay, and the akrapovic slipons are just under 1500

Wow, I paid just over 600 for my R-77's, but in stainless. I also installed them myself which took about 30 minutes. Just remember there is a left and right side hanger bracket.

Selling my r-77 carbon dual slip ons ........pm if you're interested...:beerchug::beerchug:

Did you sell these? This thread is getting pretty old, but still contemplating swapping out the stainless R-77's for the carbon fiber.

The stainless are also very quiet. The carbon fiber HMF on my '00 is nice and throaty.

Back