Quiet FL spot for vacation in two weeks?

maoz

Registered
I know there are lots of Busa riders down in FL and I thought I would solicit their advice. My fiance and I want to take a week vacation to the beach on the week after Christmas (like Dec. 28-Jan. 3). I was wondering if you guys have any beach spots that you can recommend that aren't very crowded this time of year and aren't outrageously expensive. I've only been to FL once (Tampa many years ago), so I'm kind of flying blind here. Thanks for any advice!
biggrin.gif

Destin is between Panamacity and Pensacola on the Florida panhandle. It's been voted the #1 beach...snow white sands and emerald green waters. This is the off season so it's not expensive...a lot of Canadians are it town from Nov.-Feb. The only problem is since we are not in the southern part of Florida it can be cold...about a 10 degree difference. Punch in the zip on weather.com (32541) and you can check what the weather will be.

Key West is nice, and it will be plenty warm. Not especially quiet but I bet VAbusa can give you more insights.

I know there are lots of Busa riders down in FL and I thought I would solicit their advice.  My fiance and I want to take a week vacation to the beach on the week after Christmas (like Dec. 28-Jan. 3).  I was wondering if you guys have any beach spots that you can recommend that aren't very crowded this time of year and aren't outrageously expensive.  I've only been to FL once (Tampa many years ago), so I'm kind of flying blind here.  Thanks for any advice!
biggrin.gif
That time of year you want to go anywhere above West Palm. That is where the Freeze line can be. My advise is go to South Florida. FT. lauderdale or Miami area. You can find some deals around Hollywood which is bettween Miami and Lauderdale. Key West is the best bet for weather, but it can be price heavy. Lots of quiet spots and fun spots. I am going to be down there from 12/28 - 1/13/04. howler if you need more info.

Back