Quick video of my new HID Kit!

ssg_petty_210

Registered
Okay so I was very skeptical about buying an HID kit from EBAY. Needless to say, I am more then pleased. And for the price, I said what the hell, why not give it a shot. The stock lights on my Busa were not to bad, but anytime I can upgrade my field of view at night is a plus in my book. So I went ahead and bought me the kit. It came with the low beam and high beam, and I am beyond satisfied with the kit. I purchased the Xentec kit. It came well packaged up, bulbs were wrapped in foam for shipping protection, all harnesses, and is an easy plug and play set up. I also purchased an HID kit for my Evo, so I will post a video once I install those. They should be in next week. Anyway, here is a quick video I made showing how the Ebay Xentec HID kit looks. Now the final test is to see how long they last. It comes with a 2 year warranty, so it cant be bad.
Xentec HID's on my 05 Hayabusa - YouTube

I just removed mine because it killed my gauges after a couple of months. If you notice your bike harder to start or the lights not always coming on when you start the bike, remove them before it fries your gauges

I just removed mine because it killed my gauges after a couple of months. If you notice your bike harder to start or the lights not always coming on when you start the bike, remove them before it fries your gauges
All depends on where you mount the ballasts! No matter who make the kits!
I have installed over 200 kits, and never had someone complain!

Gixer you said the 99 and 00 have problems tho. any suggestions on my HIDs when i get my gauges back? how would you install them?

I havent had any issues yet. Bike still starts normal, gauges working fine. Thanks for the warning, I'll keep a look out for them. I ran them on my k6 gsxr 750 and ran the same kit for a year with no problems. Ballasts are mounted under the black part of the fairings. Not exactly sure where, my shop did them because I didnt have time to do it.

I would say u installed them improperly or bought garbage set of HID's

I installed mine with a delay so they don't come on until the engine is started. There is a 20 second or so delay from when you turn on the key and when the lights come on. This is more to save the ballast than the battery or gauges. I haven't had any problems with mine as far as gauges or anything else.

BTW: Nice video production. I like you was pretty skeptical about HID's but they are better, especially in the day time as far as people seeing you.

I installed mine with a delay so they don't come on until the engine is started. There is a 20 second or so delay from when you turn on the key and when the lights come on. This is more to save the ballast than the battery or gauges. I haven't had any problems with mine as far as gauges or anything else.

BTW: Nice video production. I like you was pretty skeptical about HID's but they are better, especially in the day time as far as people seeing you.

Thanks. Ill get a better video made with my gopro for some night time riding. That is a very smart idea with the relay thing. I might look into this.
Does anyone know how to embed the video that way you dont just see the link?

Back