quick question

bitabur

Registered
I want to take off my exhaust cans to polish them and possibly drill the baffles. Now, it looks like there's a gasket between the midpipes and the cans, but I don't see anything indicating that in the service manual.

Is there really a gasket there? If so, does that need to be replaced with a new one or is bolting everything back up acceptable?

exhaust.jpg

Your reply only took 8 minutes but I couldn't wait... I've seen the inside for myself now.
smile.gif

On another note.... WOW, the cans are much heavier than I expected. I just weighed one can out to about 7.5 lbs on my bathroom scale. Not very accurate, but jeez, just one can!

I wasn't planning on it (at least not for a while) but now I'm wanting to look for a full exhaust to replace this crap.

And for tonight I was intending to bolt everything back up & wait until later in the season to actually polish the cans. I will still wait for that, but I just fired her up without the cans and that sweet purr (if you can call a lion's roar a purr) has made me decide to leave them off for a little testride tomorrow... just to see. Don't want to wake the neighbors tonight.

smile.gif

OH YA....don't want to wake the neighbors tonight
rock.gif
.......but you'll WAKE THE DEAD tomorrow instead
rock.gif
??...........
tounge.gif

rock.gif

(bitabur @ Sep. 25 2007,02:57) On another note.... WOW, the cans are much heavier than I expected.  I just weighed one can out to about 7.5 lbs on my bathroom scale.  Not very accurate, but jeez, just one can!

I wasn't planning on it (at least not for a while) but now I'm wanting to look for a full exhaust to replace this crap.
I lightened mine up significantly!
(These are shortened stock cans, polished, with self made baffles.)

cool.gif

DSC01009.JPG

Back