Question...

SHADiGUY1

IT IS WHAT IT IS
Donating Member
Registered
Ok i posted something earlier this afternoon about trying to upgrade my yosh bolt ons to a full system. And i found out why they say you cant because bolt ons go to a flange and the Full system is all spring stuff.

My question is do you think i could buy the headers for what my full system would be and have a friend of mine who work for a custom exhaust shop weld some flanges onto the headers so it could be bolted up instead of being held by springs Please your thoughts. I mean hes does custom made exhaust system from scratch for cars my thought is he probbably could The mufflers i would assume would be exactly the same exept for the way its mounted to the bike correct? so wouldnt you think that something could be probbably worked out?

Interesting approach. If it feasible, I would only question is it cost effective?

If you're gonna go with a full system then go with a full system. Not doubting the quality of your friend's work, but there are bound to be some issues when you tune it. There are some good used systems available on this and other sites that you may want to check out.

im conteplating on trying this.. would just like to know if everyone esles thinks it would be possobile.. he is a A+ Welder.

no i meant buying the headers from yosh since they sell bolt on and full system? You really think it would be something with tuning if i bought the correct headers and just added flanges and bolted them instead of the springs holding them? is that what you are saying?

I would think providing there is no leake there wouldnt be any diffrences correct me if i am wrong!

Just call the exhaust manufacturer and buy the front end piece of the can that uses the spring or buy the whole full system. Money fixes most things

It's probably not worth the time and trouble.

2cents.gif

I can't see if be cost effective. You've got to concider the resale value on the slip-ons you have into the price of the full system.

Just my .02

I dont understamd. All headers bolt on to the manifold. Or am I missing something?

brendan i meant bolting onto my slipons from the yoshiumura headers if i were to buy the headers to make it work with the slip ons i bought and only have 250 miles on. Was just a thought at the moment.

Back