Question for you guys

Ok we swapped bikes on his bike I walked all over my own bike sad but true so power to weight is not that big I would say because it was the same results as before. I will keep working on mine till I figure it out thanks for the advice and my stinky mods lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes weight is still a factor... (His bike is making better power and is hiding your weight as a factor for now) Any you can remove, especailly rotational will help the engine rev quicker.... which means acelerate quicker to get to the next gear. I know this from experience! I had a 448 rwhp ls6 383 mazda miata, and would beat Mustangs, Vettes, and Camaros feelings that were making 550rwhp to 600rwhp. I was 1200lbs lighter then some of them ...depending car type and kept my rotational weight down too! I the use the same principles on my bikes, keep weight down and built for best over all power!

Last edited:
Well the cats were clogged dont have money for full exhaust so i made it work did a little mod to by cutting it out and i am at a 17 tooth in the front took the 45 off the same night it was put on now for the good news mines faster thanks for the advice

100_1746.jpg

100_1736.jpg

100_1738.jpg

So I am guessing you cut out the cats and had pipes welded in place instead (Cheap but efective mod!)... A good pair of slip-ons would help smooth out the power that you are missing with the VooDoo shorties you got on there. Cool dropped only 1 tooth up front is like having 3 added to the rear like I did to mine. Glad you seem to be getting it to work for you again!:thumbsup:

I forgot about the weight of the wheels,

I really want a new set of wheels, However I think I want a full pipe first though!!! :whistle:

Keep us updated man, this is fun to read.

these mods i have on my 08
full pipe(brocks AH)
k&n (race filter)
pcIII (w/ brocks tune map)
up 3 in rear ("Driven" steel)
xtre
speed o healer
shorty levers
plus some other "looks" mods

im 6'3" 230 and I beat up on lots of zx14s and 1000cc bikes so I think these mods help do that just my .02 :whistle:

Back