Question for the Electronic Guru's

blitzburgh

Registered
Last year I installed a fuse block in the tail of the bike. It looks like this..

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

I have it running right from the battery to this accessory fuse block. My question is what would it take to change this setup so that it will only get power if I turn on the bike?

Im starting to rack up quite a bit of accessories and I don't want to power everything all the time and run down the battery.

If this is to much I might just do option 2 and get a "plug and play" from boostbysmith and use both. I don't think I can run just the plug and play wire with the following hooked up to it..

Sirius radio
GIPRO
LED light set(just order)
PCIIIusb
Air Shifter(still need to get)

If anybody has some input it would be very much appreciated...
ThumbsUp.gif

Blitz..

There may ba a smaller version...a starter solenoid...turned on by signal that is on only when engine is fired.

starter_sol.jpg

No guru needed for this one
smile.gif

Just my opinion but I think that solenoid (Ford Starter)is going to draw a lot of power(over an amp) for a bike (also not designed for continuous duty, it is going to get smoking hot

Get the Euro aux power cable from BoostBySmith for $22 TYD you might need to PM Greg, I did not see the part on his web page (he is a sponsor here)

I installed a painless wiring fuse block that has a built in module to turn it off and on for all my electronics.

70107.jpg

Here is the cable that only comes on the Euro bikes.. has 1 power drop up front (Greg can add another) and 2 for the back of the bike. There is an open connector up in the front fairing that this just plugs into. no relay, no wiring, just plug it in and route it to the back of the bike..

He includes connectors as well that will plug your accessory into the harness

(Rick where did you get the fuse block assy?)

<a href="http://picasaweb.google.com/1gighost/MiscBikeStuff/photo#5157314860820269378">
DSC_0185.JPG

<!--EDIT|Mr Bogus|1200781144-->

Just like they said, you just need a relay. You could connect the relay to the boostbysmith line. The relay would then provide the on off from the batt to your panel.

So basically you put a relay between the battery and the fuse panel you have now and control the relay with the fused circuit that the boostbysmith connector runs from.

Make sense?

cool thanks guys.. looks like I will just order the wire from boostbysmith and get me a relay and run it to the relay then the fuse block...

Thanks for all the help...  
bowdown.gif

Hmmmm, fuse block, you mean I need fuses?

http://1st-to-the-finish-line.com

I knew I was forgetting something.

I got the best of both worlds.. Greg hooked me up with the accessory wire that has a relay installed at the end ready to go...
clap.gif
bowdown.gif

yup use a relay to do the power on.
i use a relay to power my cigg socket power for my add on such as to charge my hp or gps.

Cool thanks guys, sorry just saw this post, been crazy busy last couple weeks and just got caught up. Yep the accessory harness I wire up is plug and play and gets you key on power and ground etc.

Greg

Why not have the power come in after the starter relay that's already on the busa (left side subframe between the rails)? sorry but I don't have pictures to post.

Back