question for guys that carry a handgun

Im going to order one of these cause I trust you. Are regular jeans 1 3/4 loops? Im thinking im going to try the 1 1/2 size. Got dress pants on now for work so cant tell. Thanks Bots
I'm not going to rip on War or anything, but here is my experience with belts. About two months ago, I walked into Cabelas and bought a 5.11 belt. One of the vinyl-ish belts with the velcro that holds the belt on, and is reinforced with Kydex..

Just like this one: Operator 1 3/4" Wide Tactical Belt | Tactical Belts | 5.11 Tactical

I LOVE THIS BELT! I've never owned a belt that has ever made an impression on me. Usually they just hold my pants up, but this belt is AWESOME! In two months I have never once had to pull my pants up (you know, the usual fat man dance) and you don't even realize you have a belt on. And when I carry, you can't feel the gun at all. From the first night I used it, I seriously asked "where has THIS been my whole life?"

:rofl:

Can't believe I'm getting all worked up over a belt. LOL

Seriously though, for under $40 its the best money I've spent (clothing wise) in my life.. I've sold like 3 friends on them since and they all feel the same way!

Dress pants are usually 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inches. Duty pants. Jeans and fatigues usually have 1 3/4.

A 1 3/4 inch belt will be tight in jeans and may over time wear down and tear belt loops from the rubbing and tight fit. Mines one from here and it works fine , 1 1/2in. If your looking for a nice dual duty belt meaning it will still look decent with slacks look at these.

Leather Gun Belts | Durable Leather Holster Belts

Im going to order one of these cause I trust you. Are regular jeans 1 3/4 loops? Im thinking im going to try the 1 1/2 size. Got dress pants on now for work so cant tell. Thanks Bots

The belt fits ALL my jeans, and my dress pants too, but I don't get any more dressed up than Khakis.. :laugh:

The only complaint I have with the width is fitting the clips on my Theis holster. They are made for 1.5" belts. The 1.5" belt isn't at "stiff" as the 1.75" one. :beerchug:

one thing ive found is most concealment holsters wont fit beyond a 1 1/2" belt as the 1 3/4" are too thick for them and bulges / breaks the belt clips

To hot here in Mid TN and all this gun talk made me step out on my rear deck to fire off the LCP .380

7 Rounds, free hand slow fire.
20' off into a lighter fluid can free hand.

Amazing accuracy for a pocket pistol!!:cheerleader:

1337979846741.jpg

1337979869493.jpg

Man if I could shoot off my back porch I'd be borrowing ammo from Capt for the .22s my son and I would be rippin up!

I just moved in the past year from 6.5 acres out in the country to a subdivision near the city. I never realized how much of a luxury it was to be able to go out in the backyard and shoot. I found a range 25 minutes away from my house that I'm going to tomorrow, but won't be the same as shooting up glass bottles and spray paint cans. Contact adhesive cans were the best, they would fly high in the sky:laugh:. Miss living in the woods

Its close to 300 yards from the front yard to the back field. I just need to get a load / mound of dirt dropped off.

Your welcome to come and mow the grass anyyyyyyy time ya want :laugh:

You are just looking for a moving target!

I carry my keltec PF9 everywhere i go, i highly recommend it as a good carry gun. On a side note i carry my Glock 30 during the "winter" here in Florida. Its hard to conceal the glock wearing a tshirt during the summer months.

Purchase something you will carry and be comfortable with. Buying a new gun and having it sit at the house isnt what you want it for. I carry a 38 special. looking to get one of the 1911s in the commander size. 4 inch :)

Back